Closed Bug 198578 Opened 17 years ago Closed 17 years ago
always ask for user defined helper MIMEs is being ignored - being treated as set
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030319 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030319 Alwaysask for user defined MIMEs is being ignored - a dialogue is always produced no matter what the setting. The setting in Preferences->Helper Applications->Edit is always unselected ! Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. "Run" a document with an "unknown" MIME 2. Make sure "Always show this diaglogue ..." is unselected 3. Run another document with the same MIME type Actual Results: The dialogue is shown again Expected Results: The dialogue should not be shown Occurs with 1.3 too - I get the impression this is probably an old bug/problem which has just reappeared
What URL does it happen on?
http://artists.iuma.com/site-bin/streamartist.m3u?aid=105996 is a random IUMA example which demonstrates the problem. I have this helper defined: MIME: audio/mpegurl Desc: Winamp playlist file Ext : m3u Open it using default application for launching these files to WinAmp.
Could you please do the following, from a prompt: set NSPR_LOG_FILE=c:\log.txt set NSPR_LOG_MODULES=nsHttp:5 \path\to\mozilla\mozilla.exe Load that one URL. Then quit. This will create a log of the HTTP headers in the file c:\log.txt; attach this log to this bug using http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?bugid=198578&action=enter
Summary: alwaysask for user defined helper MIMEs is being ignored - being treated as set → always ask for user defined helper MIMEs is being ignored - being treated as set
biesi, can you repro this on windows? I cannot on Linux....
huh, actually, I can
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
to file handling, I guess. I tested on win2k build 2003031808
Assignee: peterlubczynski → law
Component: Plug-ins → File Handling
QA Contact: bmartin → petersen
oh.... from the http log attachment: 808[dd7100]: Content-Type: audio/x-mpegurl Interestingly, this does not match the _displayed_ mime type. bz, and idea why?
(and yeah, if I change the mimetype in preferences->helper apps to audio/x-mpegurl, it works)
Hmm? The helper app dialog shows audio/mpegurl? This may be a duplicate of a bug I have floating about where the Windows version of GetFromMIMEType will happily produce a MIMEInfo which has a _different_ MIME type. Since the code expects GetFromMIMEType to be sane, we don't reset the type afterward... Could you check what the GetFromMIMEType call at the top of nsExternalHelperAppService::DoContent returns? In particular what the type set in that MIMEInfo is?
interesting... HKCU\.m3u\Content Type is audio/mpegurl... and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\audio/x-mpegurl\Extension is .m3u... maybe this has something to do with this bug I'll check what you suggested shortly
the mimetype on that nsIMIMEInfo is "audio/mpegurl".
Yeah, the setup in comment 11 is known broken -- we have a bug on that somewhere.... Biesi, this depends on that bug on merging the two GetFrom* funcs...
17 years ago
Depends on: 147679
ok, this would be a duplicate of bug 184971 and should be fixed now by the bug 147679 checkin *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 184971 ***
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.