User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030801 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030801 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1 When I scroll upward or downward on this page using the arrow keys, the Page Up/Page Down keys, or the mouse wheel, and I start the scrolling at or near a location containing control characters, bits of text from previously scrolled-through text areas are erroneously printed on top of the text area that is currently visible on the page. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Start Mozilla Firebird, and go to the specified URL. 2. Scroll down via either the mouse wheel, the Down arrow key, or the Page Down key, until one of the lines containing: (a) a timestamp such as [09:04] followed by (b) <CIA> and then (c) a mix of control characters and normal text is displayed at or near the top of the browser window. 3. Observe the text corruption. 4. Scroll down more for a page or so, and then scroll back up to where you were in step 2. 5. Observe the text corruption. Actual Results: Bits of text from previously scrolled-through locations on the page were erroneously printed at various locations over the text at the current location on the page. After I edited the page to remove the control characters and repeated the above steps, the problem no longer occurred. Expected Results: The text of the page should not have any bits of text from previous page locations erroneously printed over it when the page is scrolled. I have compiled Mozilla Firebird with GTK2 as the default toolkit. Notes on the text corruption: Changing focus to another window clears many of the bits of text away. Moving another window over the affected areas of the browser window and then moving it off those areas moves the bits of text around but doesn't clear them away. Selecting the text of the affected areas with the mouse clears the bits of text away if the affected areas do not contain control characters; if they do, more bits of text are erroneously printed in the selected areas.
WFM on Windows 2000 with 20030803 build. Could be a GTK2-issue. Reporter could you compile a new build without GTK2 to test this?
Done. The problem doesn't occur with GTK1-enabled Firebird 20030805. Furthermore, when I was testing this bug to see if it was actually a bug in Mozilla (Seamonkey), I was using GTK1-enabled Mozilla CVS; I tried GTK2-enabled Mozilla 20030805 and the problem occurred there as well. So it appears that this is actually a bug in Seamonkey, instead of just in Firebird. Sorry for the wasted time.
Ok, moving over
Can you make a screenshot? I don't have any problems here.
On closer inspection, it appears that the GTK2-enabled Seamonkey build that had the problem wasn't built on top of a clean tree. I did a clean GTK2-enabled build of Seamonkey 20030811 and the problem didn't occur. However, GTK2-enabled Firebird 20030811 does have the problem (as does GTK2-enabled Mozilla 1.4, notably). So apparently this is a Firebird problem after all. Sorry again.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.