images inside <a> tags do not properly size when the width is a percentage value

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 97695

Status

()

Core
Layout: Images
--
minor
RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 97695
15 years ago
15 years ago

People

(Reporter: Adam, Assigned: Jim Dunn)

Tracking

Trunk
x86
Windows XP
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

15 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20030925
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20030925

I realize this particular page was written in Frontpage, but it is still
interesting.  In IE, each image is 75% of the page width.  In Mozilla, the first
image is 75% of the width, the second image is 75% of the remaining 25%, the
third image is 75% of the remaining 6.25%.

Playing around, when I removed each of the <a> tags that were around each image,
Mozilla sized the images just as IE would, each image is 75% of the page width,
here's that same page except w/o the <a> tags:
http://secure.lcrcomputer.com/adam/mozilla/sponsors2.html

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.



Expected Results:  
Mozilla should be consistant with how the images are sized.
Thank you for the excellent bug report!  One of the best descriptions of this
problem that I've seen.  :)

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 97695 ***
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 15 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.