User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de-AT; rv:1.5) Gecko/20030916 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de-AT; rv:1.5) Gecko/20030916 When clicking the same column to sort for twice the urlstring becomes longer and longer, e.g. ... order= bugs.bug_severity , bugs.product %2C bugs.component %2C bugs.version %2C bugs.bug_status %2C bugs.resolution %2C bugs.product %2C bugs.bug_severity %2C bugs.bug_severity %2C bugs.bug_id here bug_serverity is selected three times although only the first one counts Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. sort your query result for a special coulumn 2. repeat this for the same column -> you have duplicates in your query This quick hack does it for me: template list/table.html.tmpl 109 [% BLOCK columnheader %] 110 <th colspan="[% splitheader ? 2 : 1 %]"> 111 <a href="buglist.cgi?[% urlquerypart FILTER html %]&order= 112 [% column.name FILTER url_quote FILTER html %] 113 [% FOREACH element = qorder.split('%2C') %] 114 [% ",$element" FILTER url_quote FILTER html IF (element != column.name) %] 115 [% END %]"> 116 [%- abbrev.$id.title || column.title -%]</a> 117 </th> 118 [% END %] (the line numbers might be wrong due to some other changes I made in the templates) this also corrects the unquoted comma in the url
Summary: duplicates in sorted buglist → duplicates in sorted buglist url
Useless SQL bloat, too.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
As an additional note, this behavior can cause problems by making URLs longer than some browsers (I had this with IE) can handle. Admittedly, this took me approximately 70 resorts on the same query which seems excessive, but a user here did this.
Reassigning bugs that I'm not actively working on to the default component owner in order to try to make some sanity out of my personal buglist. This doesn't mean the bug isn't being dealt with, just that I'm not the one doing it. If you are dealing with this bug, please assign it to yourself.
Assignee: justdave → query-and-buglist
QA Contact: mattyt-bugzilla → default-qa
I added a patch (attachment #180373 [details] [diff] [review]) to bug #267859 today that fixes this problem beside indicating the sort direction and allow sort direction toggling.
I'm pretty sure that this was fixed when I re-wrote the sorting code and put it into Search.pm.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 11 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.