33.72 KB, image/jpeg
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040514 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040514 when an ldap query is done in the Mail application and the response comes back with: "John, smith", <jsmith.company.com> upon hitting enter the qoutations are dropped (in the To field) and as a result, the addres becomes invalid. i.e., it becomes as shown below and Mozilla Mail refuses to send the mail: John, smith, <jsmith.company.com> Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. configure Mozilla address-book to query an ladap server 2. start composing a new email to an email address that is provisioned in the ldap server 3. Actual Results: mozilla drops the qoutations and makes the address invalid.
Could this be related with the fix for bug 182192? Note that this bug is reported on a build from 20040514, and bug 182192 was fixed exactly that day.
marking blocking 1.7 until we know more.
Flags: blocking1.7? → blocking1.7+
"John, smith", <jsmith.company.com> It's that extra ',' between the quoted name and the address that causes the problem. Why is your ldap server returning that? I think we break that apart into two addresses.
ok, blocking 1.7- since it appears this is not a client side problem. renominate if the diagnosis changes.
Flags: blocking1.7+ → blocking1.7-
yes, is it your ldap server or is that value in one of your local addressbooks? one way to tell is by the icon. I've got a screen shot that explains...
Flags: blocking1.7- → blocking1.7+
Created attachment 149777 [details] screen shot that demonstrates both local and ldap autocomplete results
ramin, following the attached screen shot, where does your result come from: local or ldap?
minus, since it appears to be a specific config issue... if it turns out we have a general problem re-nominate. thanks...
Flags: blocking1.7+ → blocking1.7-
yes, 1.7- we still need info from ramin.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.