User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8a3) Gecko/20040718 Firefox/0.9.1+ Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8a3) Gecko/20040718 Firefox/0.9.1+ XML Parsing Error: xml processing instruction not at start of external entity Location: chrome://help/content/help.xul Line Number 1, Column 1: ^ Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Help -> Help Contents Seen on the trunk. Not tested on a branch build.
Also getting errors on branch with this build: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040719 Firefox/0.9.1+ When selecting different topics from help->contents
I cannot reproduce this bug on the trunk or the aviary branch. I'm running 20040718 nightly builds on the trunk and aviary branch (currently the latest on the FTP servers). Both launch Help with no errors.
The latest Aviary is 20040719 and this is the version that I had trouble with. The error does not come on launch. If you go to help contents, some of the choices in the left pane cause the errors. Selecting "Using Mozilla Firefox" results in: </body> --^ Selecting "Customization" results in: Themes<span> menu item.</p> ---------------------------^
wgianopoulos: This bug is about XML parsing errors in Help itself, not the documents. But thanks for the documents errors. I fixed those. Should be in tomorrows nightly builds. It's the errors in Help itself that I cannot reproduce. Reporter: Can you post a screenshot?
Created attachment 153711 [details] Error window screenshot There's apparently something funny on my setup, as I did a reinstall of this build with a new profile and now I don't even have Help Contents on my Help menu. If I put the chrome URL into the URL bar directly, I can still reproduce that error message. I don't know if "Help Contents" going missing now is a bug or not, since I'm not sure of the state of Help on the trunk. But maybe this bug is invalid.
I can't reproduce comment 0 with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a3) Gecko/20040719 Firefox/0.9.1+. Comments 1 and 3 are already fixed. I had the problem with a missing Help Contents menuitem as well. Deleting dist/bin/chrome and "make chrome" in mozilla/ solved it for me.
Bill Mason: I think you're having a problem on your end. Might want to try reproducing this with a fresh Firefox nightly build and a new profile.
(In reply to comment #7) > Bill Mason: I think you're having a problem on your end. Might want to try > reproducing this with a fresh Firefox nightly build and a new profile. I did already. That got me the results in comment 5.
I'm going to have to resolve this as WORKSFORME. If someone other than the reporter can reproduce this bug in the latest AVIARY branch build, reopen the bug.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
Component: Help Viewer → Help Viewer
Product: Firefox → Toolkit
Version: Trunk → unspecified
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.