deleting localstore.rdf prevents using client

VERIFIED WORKSFORME

Status

P2
normal
VERIFIED WORKSFORME
19 years ago
11 days ago

People

(Reporter: Bienvenu, Assigned: waterson)

Tracking

Trunk
x86
Windows NT

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: [PDT+] 2/22)

(Reporter)

Description

19 years ago
I deleted my localstore.rdf (it had taken some bad acid) and after that I 
couldn't use mail or the browser - our OnLoad handler got called over and over 
again until we died, usually in js gc. It kept creating web shells until it 
died. This happens both for starting up mail only or starting up browser only. 
New profiles are fine, so this isn't urgent, but it does point to some sort of 
strange thing going on. After I shut down the first time, I got a 
localstore.rdf, but I still saw the strange load behaviour.
(Assignee)

Updated

19 years ago
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Target Milestone: M15
(Reporter)

Comment 1

19 years ago
Now this is happening to me for new profiles with the commercial tree. 
Nominating for beta1 since I can't use my commercial build :-(
Keywords: beta1

Comment 2

19 years ago
Putting on the PDT+ radar for beta1.
Whiteboard: [PDT+]
(Assignee)

Updated

19 years ago
Priority: P3 → P2
Target Milestone: M15 → M14
(Assignee)

Comment 3

19 years ago
david, this worksforme. Do you have any additional info?
(Reporter)

Comment 4

19 years ago
lucky bastard! It didn't work for putterman either when I initially reported 
this but I don't know about now. This problem is happening on my commercial 
build at home now, perhaps because of some package problem - who knows? I'll try 
it again at home tonight.
(Reporter)

Comment 5

19 years ago
I tracked down my problem to the following console errors. If I remove the 
offending lines by hand, I can start up the commercial build.

XML Error in file 'chrome://sidebar/content/local-panels.rdf', Line Number: 10,
Col Number: 19, Description: undefined entity
Source Line:          <NC:title>&sidebar.im-panel.label;</NC:title>
XML Error in file 'chrome://sidebar/content/remote-panels.rdf', Line Number: 190
, Col Number: 14, Description: undefined entity
Source Line:     <NC:title>&sidebar.nc-panel.calculator;</NC:title>
(Assignee)

Comment 6

19 years ago
Adding slamm to cc list. From which file do you need to remove the lines? 
chrome://sidebar/content/local-panels.rdf?
(Reporter)

Comment 7

19 years ago
I needed to fix both local and remote before I could run again.
(Assignee)

Updated

19 years ago
Whiteboard: [PDT+] → [PDT+] 2/22
(Assignee)

Comment 8

19 years ago
Ok, I'm lame. I've tried putting bogus entities into my local-panels.rdf, remote-panels.rdf, and even mangling the RDF/XML so it's invalid. I can screw up the sidebar pretty good, but I can't get it into the state you've described. Marking WORKSFORME. Let's hope that it magically fixed itself.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 19 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
(Reporter)

Comment 9

19 years ago
I discovered part of my problem - the whole 
ns\xpfe\components\sidebar\resources\locale directory didn't exist in my tree 
('cuz I didn't do a complete checkout, I guess), so the dtd files couldn't be 
loaded.

Comment 10

19 years ago
problem resolved by reporter
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED

Updated

11 days ago
Product: Core → Core Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.