Firefox 1.5 META REFRESH redirection url - HTTP parameters disappear if contains some special national chars

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

Status

()

RESOLVED WORKSFORME
13 years ago
8 years ago

People

(Reporter: jpechanec, Unassigned)

Tracking

2.0 Branch
x86
Windows XP
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: [CLOSEME 5-15-2010])

Attachments

(2 attachments)

(Reporter)

Description

13 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060104 Firefox/1.6a1

See http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=348854 - the same problem occures inside Firefox 1.5.
Internet Explorer and Mozilla 1.6 works properly; Firefox 1.5 not.
I made test case - see Steps to reproduce.


Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Get attachements open.html and result.html of this bug and save to disk.
2. Open open.html as the local file, it should refresh with result.html?....

Actual Results:  
Inside http adress above you see "...result.html?".

Expected Results:  
Inside http adress above you should see "...result.html?par1=abcd&par2=ý".

If I put the files result.html and open.html to Apache Tomcat web server and open open.html it as link to the server - then everything is OK.
But I have example of my web application inside Tomcat, which doesn't work too (but it is problem to me to give you the whole web application).
(Reporter)

Comment 1

13 years ago
Created attachment 207591 [details]
testcase - first file of two
(Reporter)

Comment 2

13 years ago
Created attachment 207592 [details]
testcase - second file of two
(Reporter)

Comment 3

13 years ago
I found that problem inside Tomcat is caused by bad encoded parameter string. So the problem is only if I open files from filesystem.
Jan Pechanec

Comment 4

13 years ago
Shouldn't those characters be encoded ?
(Reporter)

Comment 5

13 years ago
(In reply to comment #4)
> Shouldn't those characters be encoded ?

 Well, it may be encoded. I can encode them so my web application works properly.
 I supossed I don't need to encode them - inside Mozilla and Internet Explorer I didn't need it. (After I try it on Firefox 1.5, it suddenly don't work.)
 I don't know what is the standard, if I must encode it always (to be sure). If the standard is that I must encode special characters always (and it is my luck that Mozilla and IE need not it), then it is OK, it is not bug and I must repair my application...
 Thanks,
 Jan

This bug was reported on Firefox 2.x or older, which is no longer supported and will not be receiving any more updates. I strongly suggest that you update to Firefox 3.6.3 or later, update your plugins (flash, adobe, etc.), and retest in a new profile. If you still see the issue with the updated Firefox, please post here. Otherwise, please close as RESOLVED > WORKSFORME
http://www.mozilla.com
http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Managing+profiles
http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Safe+mode
Whiteboard: [CLOSEME 5-15-2010]
Version: unspecified → 2.0 Branch
(Reporter)

Comment 7

8 years ago
Retested in Firefox 3.5.8 - it works properly! :-)
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.