User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060427 Minefield/3.0a1 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060427 Minefield/3.0a1 With the new Addon Manager if un update is found and you choose to install it, when the updated XPI is not found you get an error -207 in a message box. That's OK. After that any extension you try to install will give you the same error message. That's not OK if the XPI *is* on the server. See URL (= testcase) for steps to reproduce, screenshots. Everything goes back to normal after a restart Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. See URL Actual Results: wrong error message, staying "Installing...", restart button disabled Expected Results: no error, no staying "Installing...", restart button enabled
Confirmed with test case
I highly suspect this was the case before but we didn't display it in the ui... I'll take a look at what needs to be done to fix this.
I'm unable to reproduce this on trunk or branch builds. The error number displayed is different for me, but after that installing extensions works ok. The UI is a bit messed up though, the failed update for foobar still displays a progress bar, and the XForms installation has two entries, one saying "installing" and another saying that XForms will work after restart.
(In reply to comment #3) > I'm unable to reproduce this on trunk or branch builds. The error number > displayed is different for me, but after that installing extensions works ok. > The UI is a bit messed up though, the failed update for foobar still displays a > progress bar, and the XForms installation has two entries, one saying > "installing" and another saying that XForms will work after restart. Same things here, a -228 error but extension installation works fine after that. I see the same UI glitches (+ the restart button staying disabled) besides the duplicate entry for XForms. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060609 Minefield/3.0a1 ID:2006060904 [cairo]
Ok I've been able to reproduce the download error for the second extension installation, I simply install an extension which succeeds then try installing xforms which displays a download error, then succeeds to install. Both the download error, and the bogus XForms entry left over as described above are XPInstall issues. I will provide a patch shortly to do something about the dead progress bar from the failed update.
Filed bug 341166 for the progress bar and restart button problem since it's a somewhat different problem to this.
--> beta2, need to add a relnote
I believe that fixing bug 338028 and bug 341161 will take care of this bug... at the very least we need those fixed to fix this bug.
Yes thats right. Without both fixes, the release note would go something like "In certain circumstances attempting to instal a second extension in a single Firefox session will appear to fail and exhibit problems in the Addons manager." In my opinion this problem would have existed in some form or other since the extension manager existed.
(In reply to comment #9) > ... > In my opinion this problem would have existed in some form or other since the > extension manager existed. It has... it is just more noticeable since the ui re-write. :(
We're gated on reviews for the dependencies here.
This should be fixed on trunk now.
This should be fixed on the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH now that the patches for bug 338028 and bug 341161 have been checked in.