1. Try to enter the tilde sign on a keyboard with German keyboard layout
Note that SeaMonkey/FF/TB ignores your tilde keypress and the sign will not appear on screen.
This regressed between 2006-06-05-09 and 2006-06-06-10. So it's probably a regression from Bug 339723 (it fits in the regression timeframe around that day). I don't know if the patch in that bug will fix this bug here.
The keyboard test page outputs this in a build before the main patch from Bug 339723:
1) keydown charCode=0 keyCode=61 character=| modifiers=Ctrl+Alt
2) keypress charCode=126 keyCode=0 character=|~|
3) keyup charCode=0 keyCode=61 character=| modifiers=Ctrl+Alt
In a build with the patch (so the nightly from 2006-06-06):
1) keydown charCode=0 keyCode=107 character=|
2) keypress charCode=43 keyCode=0 character=|+| modifiers=Ctrl+Alt
3) keyup charCode=0 keyCode=107 character=|
You can get the tilde sign by typing AltGr+ (the plus key, so +). AltGr should be the same as Ctrl+Alt, but only some platforms it seems. See http://carbon.cudenver.edu/~tphillip/GermanKeyboardLayout.html for a description/picture of the German keyboard layout.
The latest patch of bug 339723 fixes this bug too.
probably, this is fixed by the additional patch of bug 339723.
please check it.
Oops, the tree is closed now, I backed-out the patch.
Seems it is broken again? Filed bug 385364