Smoketest using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206pre) Gecko/20070330 Calendar/0.5pre with nl language pack: Opening the event dialog results in Fout: ongedefinieerde entiteit Bronbestand: chrome://calendar/content/calendar-event-dialog.xul Regel: 366, Kolom: 13 Broncode: <label id="percent-complete-label" class="todo-only"------------^ The entity in question is newtodo.percentcomplete.label http://lxr.mozilla.org/l10n-mozilla1.8/source/nl/calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar-event-dialog.dtd#130 Maybe the problem is caused by using the entity % inside another entity?
Created attachment 260227 [details] [diff] [review] Quick fix Replaces % by % for both calendar-event-dialog.dtd and calendar.dtd.
Hm, I changed that to % since it is clearer for future localisers what the entity is. Strange that this should cause errors.
I checked the % in our translation, and found more than there were in the bug... /nl/calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar.dtd, line 89 -- <!ENTITY calendar.unifinder.tree.percentcomplete.label "% voltooid"> /nl/calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar.dtd, line 220 -- <!ENTITY progress.level.0 "0%"> /nl/calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar.dtd, line 222 -- <!ENTITY progress.level.25 "25%"> /nl/calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar.dtd, line 224 -- <!ENTITY progress.level.50 "50%"> /nl/calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar.dtd, line 226 -- <!ENTITY progress.level.75 "75%"> /nl/calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar.dtd, line 228 -- <!ENTITY progress.level.100 "100%"> /nl/calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar-event-dialog.dtd, line 130 -- <!ENTITY newtodo.percentcomplete.label "% voltooid"> Here are only two who are changed... Don't we have to change the others also?
I tried the latest langpack from http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/sunbird/tinderbox-builds/latest-mozilla1.8-l10n/windows-xpi/ an still see this entity error. I do not see an error in the task list or task list context menu. So maybe this is not caused by the % entity but a different issue?
(In reply to comment #4) > I checked the % in our translation, and found more than there were in > the bug... > > Here are only two who are changed... > Don't we have to change the others also? Although it doesn't seem necessary to fix the issue (see other languages), I wondered as well. It may however occur because of using the entity inside another one, as Stefan said in the first comment, but I'm not sure. (In reply to comment #5) > I tried the latest langpack from > http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/sunbird/tinderbox-builds/latest-mozilla1.8-l10n/windows-xpi/ > an still see this entity error. I do not see an error in the task list or task > list context menu. > > So maybe this is not caused by the % entity but a different issue? This is probably because the patch was not applied yet, so the &percnt is still inside. The problem disappeared when substituting percnt for #37 in calendar-event-dialog.dtd locally. I did the same in calendar.dtd to be safe, although that one may cause no problems, but it matches the other languages as well. See http://lxr.mozilla.org/l10n-mozilla1.8/search?string=newtodo.percentcomplete.label and http://lxr.mozilla.org/l10n-mozilla1.8/search?string=tree.percentcomplete.label
Comment on attachment 260227 [details] [diff] [review] Quick fix Toegepast op 1_8_branch en trunk na goedkeuring van lilmatt.
Attachment #260227 - Attachment is obsolete: true
I made the change yesterday, but it is still not solved on the nightly build of 2007-04-09 (linux)...
Tested and ok with sunbird nightly 2007-04-10 (linux)
Tested and verified with sunbird nightly 2007-04-15 (windows) Does anyone can test it with mac or can it be set as resolved?
Tested with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:220.127.116.11pre) Gecko/20070510 Calendar/0.5pre BuildID: 2007051005. The event dialog works now. But now I now see an entity error in preferences dialog: Fout: fout tijdens het verwerken van externe entiteitverwijzing Bronbestand: chrome://calendar/content/preferences/timezones.xul Regel: 47, Kolom: 5 Broncode: %timezonesDTD;----^ (I thought I mention this here but I can file a new bug if you want.)
Koen, with your last patch you added some wrong entities. please check your patches before you commit them. see http://bonsai-l10n.mozilla.org/cvsview2.cgi?diff_mode=context&whitespace_mode=show&subdir=l10n/nl/calendar/chrome/calendar/preferences&command=DIFF_FRAMESET&file=timezones.dtd&rev1=1.6&rev2=1.7&root=/l10n firdt blue line (there are more)
Updating the summary so that this bug can be used for the new issue too.
Summary: Entity error in Sunbird 0.5pre event dialog → Entity error in Sunbird 0.5pre timezone preferences dialog
I updated the patch in branch and trunk.
I tested the latest langpack for Sunbird and the entity error is gone. The tinderbox is also green therefore I'm resolving as fixed. Thank you for your contribution Koen.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 11 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.