Closed Bug 390570 Opened 14 years ago Closed 14 years ago
Live feeds display article dates instead of titles (in debug build only)
Works for me in Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.9a7pre) Gecko/200708020808 Minefield/3.0a7pre. Can you reproduce the problem with the current trunk build? I have used a bunch of live feeds in testing today and seen no issues.
I tried downloading nightlies from ftp.mozilla.org. Those builds work properly. I built a fresh copy of FF using the same codebase as one of my non-working builds with mozconfig options taken from a nightly build. That copy works correctly as well. It may be specific to my build options; these are from the working build: . $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig ac_add_options --enable-update-channel=nightly ac_add_options --enable-update-packaging ac_add_options --enable-optimize='-Os -freorder-blocks -fno-reorder-functions -gstabs+' ac_add_options --disable-debug ac_add_options --disable-tests ac_add_options --enable-codesighs And these are from the non-working build: . $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig ac_add_options --enable-crypto ac_add_options --enable-debug ac_add_options --enable-default-toolkit=cairo-gtk2 ac_add_options --enable-optimize='-Os -march=athlon-xp -mfpmath=sse -momit-leaf-frame-pointer' I don't think the "xpconnect wrapped JSObject" error is relevant; I don't see it with either build when I force the live bookmark to reload.
I use the nightlies every day (as does the entire QA team). What do you mean that "those builds don't work properly"? Can you tell me what issues you are seeing with them?
I think you misread my post. I said "Those builds work properly", meaning the nightly builds that I downloaded all worked properly.
I took the mozconfig that produces a working build (from comment 2), changed --disable-debug to --enable-debug, and did a clobber build. The new build displays the same problem: live bookmarks show a date for each article instead of a title. So maybe the problem is specific to debug builds.
Component: Bookmarks → RSS Discovery and Preview
QA Contact: bookmarks → rss.preview
Component: RSS Discovery and Preview → Places
QA Contact: rss.preview → places
Through binary search, I've narrowed it down to the checkin to mozilla/js/src/xpconnect/src/xpcvariant.cpp at 2007-07-20 18:03 for bug 384632. Builds before this time work correctly; newer builds display the problem.
fieldsToObj() in FeedProcessor.js is failing to retrieve most of the XML properties that it looks for. I added some dump() calls to fieldsToObj() and got this parsing slashdot's main feed: *** fieldstoobj: title not found *** fieldstoobj: rss1:title not found *** fieldstoobj: atom03:title not found *** fieldstoobj: atom:title not found *** fieldstoobj: link not found *** fieldstoobj: rss1:link: http://rss.slashdot.org/~r/Slashdot/slashdot/~3/153789491/article.pl *** fieldstoobj: guid not found *** fieldstoobj: rdf:about: http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/08/0318208&from=rss *** fieldstoobj: atom03:id not found *** fieldstoobj: atom:id not found *** fieldstoobj: authors: [xpconnect wrapped (nsISupports, nsIMutableArray, nsIArray) @ 0x974bd08 (native @ 0x97caaf0)] *** fieldstoobj: contributors not found *** fieldstoobj: description not found *** fieldstoobj: rss1:description not found *** fieldstoobj: dc:description not found *** fieldstoobj: atom03:summary not found *** fieldstoobj: atom:summary not found *** fieldstoobj: content:encoded not found *** fieldstoobj: atom03:content not found *** fieldstoobj: atom:content not found *** fieldstoobj: atom03:rights not found *** fieldstoobj: atom:rights not found *** fieldstoobj: atom03:issued not found *** fieldstoobj: dcterms:issued not found *** fieldstoobj: atom:published not found *** fieldstoobj: pubDate not found *** fieldstoobj: atom03:modified not found *** fieldstoobj: dc:date: 2007-09-08T08:29:00+00:00 *** fieldstoobj: dcterms:modified not found *** fieldstoobj: atom:updated not found
Summary: Live feeds display article dates instead of titles → Live feeds display article dates instead of titles (in debug build only)
Are we sure this is the only thing that bug 384632 broke? mrbkap, any ideas here? Anything to be looking for in particular?
This does not block the final release of Firefox 3.
I wonder if the patch in bug 415037 fixes this.
I was able to reproduce this bug last weekend. But I just updated my tree and rebuilt, and I can't reproduce it any longer. I'm going to mark this one as fixed by the patch for bug 415037 per comment 10.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Bug 451915 - move Firefox/Places bugs to Firefox/Bookmarks and History. Remove all bugspam from this move by filtering for the string "places-to-b-and-h". In Thunderbird 3.0b, you do that as follows: Tools | Message Filters Make sure the correct account is selected. Click "New" Conditions: Body contains places-to-b-and-h Change the action to "Delete Message". Select "Manually Run" from the dropdown at the top. Click OK. Select the filter in the list, make sure "Inbox" is selected at the bottom, and click "Run Now". This should delete all the bugspam. You can then delete the filter. Gerv
Component: Places → Bookmarks & History
QA Contact: places → bookmarks
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.