User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.5; Linux) KHTML/3.5.1 (like Gecko) Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); da-DK; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20060911 SUSE/126.96.36.199-0.2 Firefox/188.8.131.52 I have installed MediaWiki 1.6.10 on the mentioned URL. In an attempt to locate the anoying artifact that is show on the URL, I discovered that the View Source Code (CTRL+U) differes significantly from the Save Page As... (CTRL+S). When I write significantly I mean other that the obvious url-rewrites made to use CSS files in a local directory named like the local filename (chosen in Save Page As...). The noticable difference is the following: The View source code shows the following: <div class="printfooter"> Hentet fra "<a href="http://www.xn--farumskovbrnehave-90b.dk/wiki/index.php?title=Forside">http://www.xn--farumskovbrnehave-90b.dk/wiki/index.php?title=Forside</a>"</div> Whereas the the Save Page As... file contains the errorprone content: <div class="printfooter"> Hentet fra "<a href="http://www.xn-->http://www.xn--farumskovbrnehave-90b.dk/wiki/index.php?title=Forside"</div> It seems like gecko is actually trying to render the error-prone HTML. The error-prone HTML seems to be what firefox has somehow dug up from it's own cache mechanism. I can only reproduce this on an url on an IDN domain. I have used wireshark (ethereal) to see what HTML is transfered. I cannot see that the error-prone HTML is ever transfered. The error-prone HTML must come from the firefox cache. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: Load the page twice. You can force firefox (gecko) to render the real HTML by appending "&action=purge" to end of URL. Actual Results: incorrect (cached, I believe) HTML is rendered. Expected Results: same HTML should be rendered even when from cache. I have also seen this in a newer Firefox (on linux) and also on an even newer firefox on windows.
The problem is no longer reproducable on latest Firefox (184.108.40.206)