I fixed a processor bug that has been causing broken crash reports for some people. I'd like to get the processor updated on production to pick this up. Details on the fix are in the URL.
Shouldn't this go to the stage env first?
That's fine, I can have the users from bug 399645 test submitting there to verify the fix.
Okay, upgraded stackwalk in staging to version 226. Let me know if it works and I will push it to production.
Waiting on a bug fix to reporter so we can verify that this actually works (processor actually processed the dump). Once we have that fix, I will push this to production.
morgamic: any eta on this fix?
Is bug 399645 comment 6 enough verification ? Otherwise, what (more) do you need ?
Serge: we're seeing problems viewing the report in the web app, and we want to make sure they're not related.
We did a code upgrade last week. The processor code is now at Revision 260 and the repository root has been switched as well. I tried to update the stackwalk code again, but an svn up there Updated to revision 234. Is this okay or do I need to pull revision 226?
234 should be fine, 226 just happened to be the latest when I filed this. If you've compiled the new minidump_stackwalk and are using it in production, feel free to resolve this bug.