Status

()

RESOLVED WORKSFORME
11 years ago
11 years ago

People

(Reporter: fickendichdu, Unassigned)

Tracking

({memory-leak})

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

11 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071022 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.8
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071022 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.8

I went to Help and about and let it sit there for 5 minutes while I walked away from my desk.  Upon coming back my machine was slowing down.  I killed Firefox and   my system returned to a normal state.  I am able to replicate this every time.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Help
2.About
3.Let site for 5 minutes
Actual Results:  
Firefox starts consming memory within 5 minutes has taken 524mb.

Expected Results:  
Should not eat memory.
(Reporter)

Comment 1

11 years ago
The identifier shows I am using version 2 this happened while I was testing beta 3.

Updated

11 years ago
Keywords: mlk
beta 3 ?!? There isn't one. To clarify, please copy the User-Agent from Help > About and post here. 
Oh, 3.0 beta 1 then (the first beta for Firefox 3.0)

Comment 5

11 years ago
I had the same experience. Using Firefox 3.0 beta 1 on Windows XP SP2. After several minutes of normal use, no matter what page I was on or how many tabs were open (from 1 to 20) Firefox started to consume more and more RAM (up to 400mb until I killed it). This happened even if I I did not touch the computer. Strangely I did not experience that with nighties or alpha8. I did not test using Safe Mode...
Does it stop happening if you go 
  Edit > Preferences > Security > Uncheck "Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected forgery"

If so, this is a dupe of bug 404645.

Comment 7

11 years ago
Sorry, I uninstalled previous ff3 beta1 and create a clean install, now the problem is gone so I can not replicate it. If it happen again I will try to run ff in safe mode and with unchecked option you mentioned. I do not exclude my leak was caused by some extensions like print to pdf or ctrl+tab, adblock plus seems to work fine with beta1.
This probably was bug 404645, which Google fixed by changing the data served for the safe-browsing feature. Can't prove that though, so --> WORKSFORME.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 11 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.