The actual error is : ------------------------------- <jean@tourrilhes>../package/apprunner nsComponentManager: Using components dir: /home/jean/mozilla/package/components Argument: -progname, ****** Value: ../package/apprunner iconic state not set width was not set height was not set Got thew event queue from the service Calling gdk_input with event queue Reading file... Reading file...Done Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) serial 2014 error_code 10 request_code 132 minor_code 3 aborting... Abort --------------------------------- System : PPro 200, 128 MB, Debian 2.1, Linux 2.0.36, tcsh. Mozilla : mozilla-i686-pc-linux-gnu-SeaMonkey_M3_BRANCH.tar.gz Setup : As advertised on web page. MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/home/jean/mozilla/package LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/jean/mozilla/package:/lib:/usr/lib Notes : I don't have GTK or Gnome installed. Netscape 4.07 installed and working. Proxy access through firewall. Good luck ! Jean
Re-assinged to email@example.com and changed component to Compositor.
It worked for me as late as apr 5. if you provide a stack trace, i might be able to get more clues. marking m7.
Additional comment from Jean via mail: "I did a bit more searching. The problem is consistent : it is still there. I've upgraded to kernet 2.2.4 no go. But, if I run netscape 4 before starting mozilla, the problem goes away. I suspect that netscape 4 set something in my user environment that mozilla needs."
reassign what appears to be an apprunner specific thing to mcafee. works fine in viewer for me.
I do not understand how to reproduce this bug, or what the problem is. Apprunner is running fine for me on Solaris and Linux.
I'm sorry if things are a bit confuse, but it's quite difficult for me to know what are the exact conditions triggering the bug. This is how I can reproduce the bug : 1) Reboot the machine 2) rlogin to it 3) setenv DISPLAY ... 4) setenv MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME & LD_LIBRARY_PATH 5) start apprunner Subsequent invocation of apprunner, however, will succed and start up Mozilla correctly (so, it is only the first time after reboot). If I remember correctly, at the very beggining apprunner was always failing (first and subsequent invocations), but this has gone since I've ran Netscape as this user. As I can't reproduce any more this failure, caution... In summary : o Running Netcsape for the user did help o First invocation after reboot always fail (through rlogin) That's it... Jean
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 20 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
This bug is too vague for me to look at this. Jean, try removing your ~/.mozilla/registry file before starting, sometimes this helps. Marking invalid; Jean please file a more-specific bug if you continue to see problems.
Jean....check out http://www.mozilla.org/quality/bug-writing-guidelines.html This should help you help us! -Jan
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.