Closed Bug 453897 Opened 14 years ago Closed 14 years ago

QAC - Error navigating Litmus - The requested bug was: NotFound

Categories

(Other Applications Graveyard :: QA Companion, defect, P2)

x86
Windows XP
defect

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: mozilla, Assigned: cmtalbert)

Details

Attachments

(2 files)

I am running Windows XP
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.2) Gecko/2008090213 Firefox/3.0.2

I get the following error navigating the Litmus Tab in QAC.
[Javascript Application]
The requested bug was: NotFound

Steps to reproduce
1) Install QA Companion
2) Created a user and log in
3) Navigate to the Litmus tab
4) Select a test case
5) Navigate to each test case and each time the error pops up.

See screenshot.
I found a work around for people affected by this bug.
1) Reproduce the error and leave the error dialog open.
2) Open another QAC window and use that instead.
Sounds like an unusual error that prevents people from really using the product. P2
Priority: -- → P2
Attached patch patch v1Splinter Review
Ok, looks like this happened because we changed the JSON parsing under the covers.  It's now getting back a string where before it was evidently getting back an int.

Code will now handle both cases (firefox 2 & onward).
Assignee: nobody → ctalbert
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Attachment #349533 - Flags: review?(brian)
Comment on attachment 349533 [details] [diff] [review]
patch v1

Speaking of JSON, this will likely be of interest when refactoring commences:

https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Updating_extensions_for_Firefox_3.1#JSON
Attachment #349533 - Flags: review?(brian) → review+
(In reply to comment #4)
> (From update of attachment 349533 [details] [diff] [review])
> Speaking of JSON, this will likely be of interest when refactoring commences:
> 
> https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Updating_extensions_for_Firefox_3.1#JSON

Indeed that might be an issue, but so far, this patch works on 3.1.  That leaves open a distinct possibility that we aren't using JSON in the "standard" manner, and so might open us to issues down the road.  Or it might mean that we're just not doing anything too terribly complicated with it.  Good chance either way, we should investigate that during the refactoring.

Checked in:
Checking in chrome/content/litmus.js;
/cvsroot/mozilla/testing/extensions/community/chrome/content/litmus.js,v  <--  litmus.js
new revision: 1.19; previous revision: 1.18
done
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Product: Other Applications → Other Applications Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.