User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/2008101315 Ubuntu/8.10 (intrepid) Firefox/3.0.3 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2008101315 Ubuntu/8.10 (intrepid) Firefox/3.0.3 Opened from downstream https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/253641. Attempting to view http://launchpadlibrarian.net/16454122/test.xml causes a segfault, confirmed on multiple systems and multiple versions of Firefox. If the XSL is not linked, there is no problem, so it appears to be caused by the XSL. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.Visit http://launchpadlibrarian.net/16454122/test.xml Actual Results: Segfault. Expected Results: No segfault. The XML should be displayed, applying the XSLT, or at least giving an error that it cannot be transformed.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2pre) Gecko/20081015 Minefield/3.1b2pre Confirmed the crash. Please change the product to "Core", component to "XSLT" Report should appear at http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/d62fe3c7-9aec-11dd-a839-0013211cbf8a
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2pre) Gecko/20081014 Firefox/3.0.3pre http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/95c38b5e-9af0-11dd-94b2-001cc45a2ce4
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2008092416 Firefox/3.0.3 bp-fa156a2e-9af6-11dd-97b8-001a4bd43e5c
Severity: normal → critical
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
OS: Linux → All
Hardware: PC → All
Summary: Firefox crashes (segfault) on attempting to view XSL Transform (xml file with linked xsl) → Firefox crashes (segfault) on attempting to view XSL Transform (xml file with linked xsl) [ txMozillaXSLTProcessor::TransformToDoc ]
Tested with Windows XP, I see this crash also in older versions like Firefox 1.
It could be a problem with this in the xsl file: <xsl:for-each select="key('kat', @id)"> or with the related namespace possibly. Try changing or removing this and see if it runs on FF 3.0.3. Hope this helps.
Assignee: nobody → jonas
Priority: -- → P1
a minor item(?) worth mentioning is UTF-8 encoding doesn't display the extended characters correctly (in my tests anyway). but ISO-8859-1 does as coded below.... why, does anybody know? but not only in firefox -- other browsers do this as well -- so maybe some/many of us have the wrong idea of what chars UTF-8 supports?? or is there some other reason. anybody? just fyi, for what it is worth. hope it helps someone. sample xml file that displays chars properly: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <sample> <data>Bücher</data> <data>Verfügbar</data> </sample>
Created attachment 344331 [details] Reduced testcase Looks to be a forwards-compatible processing issue, specifically with a key that uses a function with an unprefixed name that is not in the language.
Created attachment 350567 [details] [diff] [review] Fix and a couple of crash tests Problem is evalContext is stack-allocated but in the failure case remains referenced in the txExecutionState object, whose destructor later tries to delete it.
Comment on attachment 350567 [details] [diff] [review] Fix and a couple of crash tests Could you write the test by doing use="count(2)" instead. That is sure to crash during evaluation rather than earlier. And thanks for the patch!
If you attach a patch with that fixed i'll mark it approved for 1.9.1. Preferably a mq patch for easy landing.
Created attachment 352626 [details] [diff] [review] .hg/patches/bug460090 > Could you write the test by doing > > use="count(2)" > > instead. That is sure to crash during evaluation rather than earlier. Done, though I don't quite understand why, or how Bug 143291 might affect things. > If you attach a patch with that fixed i'll mark it approved for 1.9.1. > Preferably a mq patch for easy landing. Please feel free to add +a191 to the commit message and push to mozilla-central for me.
Attachment #350567 - Attachment is obsolete: true
...or assign the bug to me and I'll bother someone else to commit it.
Comment on attachment 352626 [details] [diff] [review] .hg/patches/bug460090 This bug seems to have fallen through the cracks, not sure what bugzilla incantation is the right one to get it noticed again, so asking for review of changed patch.
Attachment #352626 - Flags: review?(jonas)
Comment on attachment 352626 [details] [diff] [review] .hg/patches/bug460090 This patch seems to be missing one of the tests from the previous patch. Was that intentional?
> Could you write the test by doing > > use="count(2)" > > instead. That is sure to crash during evaluation rather than earlier. I took the singlar 'test' and the lack of mention of the extention function case to mean that you only wanted the forwards-compatible processing version. By my reading of the spec, the original tests were valid, but I was trying to address your review without understanding what that comment meant. Please edit whichever patch however you want if you feel the need.
Attachment #352626 - Flags: review?(jonas) → review+
So now that bug 485217 is fixed, is this fixed too?
ugh, too bad we missed this. Duping forward because we checked in using the other bug.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Whiteboard: [sg:dupe 485217]
Duplicate of bug: 485217
There's not much point giving r+ and assigning to me *after* a seperate bug has been filed and fixed for an exploit using this. Given this result, the time quibbling over tests that will never now be in tree seems a little pointless.
Indeed. I'm sorry i forgot about this bug until it was too late. The other discussions about a crash in XSLT made me remember this bug. Wasn't until afterwords that I realized it was the same bug even. For what it's worth, it wasn't quibbling about the missing testcase. I intended to add that back myself.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.