Based on the latest Firefox meeting:
We have this symptom in the increasing cases of malware.
The cause can also be the ISP redirecting DNS queries.
I'll do this today.
ready for review: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Searches+are+redirected+to+another+site?bl=n
Can someone else review this please? (It kinda defeats the purpose of a review process if I approve my own article)
Moved to KB at:
Thu 29 of Jan, 2009 16:02 EST
- acronyms need to follow the style guide
- changed the bold words in the intro
- "pref" is not going to be understandable
- capitalization on a few instances of "location" and "Bar" corrected
- the first paragraph of the first sub-section was confusing to me. I re-ordered the phrases.
- the aboutconfig content block has a sub-bullet, which wrecks the list numbering, if you try to put it in a sub-list.
- URL is capitalized in the actual pref
- it looks like a step was skipped. You're telling the user to make sure the text entered in the filter field is set to something. I added a step to make sure the user finds the pref in resulting grid.
- you also tell the user to search twice, when searching for "keyword" yields only 2 results. The 2 prefs specified in the article. So I worked this in with my previous point.
- no right-clicking on Mac
- added names of the sites listed, rather than giving URLs