View source for XML is broekn with on non UTF-8 page which specified by <?xml encoding=""

VERIFIED WORKSFORME

Status

()

Core
Internationalization
P3
normal
VERIFIED WORKSFORME
18 years ago
17 years ago

People

(Reporter: Dan Rosen, Assigned: Frank Tang)

Tracking

({intl})

Trunk
x86
Linux
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

18 years ago
The view of the source of http://www.thirdnipple.com/mozilla/charset.xml is
corrupt (download the file to compare).

Comment 1

18 years ago
Is this linux only?
Do we have any known bugs for view source?

Comment 2

18 years ago
This is not a problem with Windows build -- 8/23/2000.

But I think we may have a problem in reflecting charset
info in XML files. I don't see a correct charset checkmark
on this file even though it should be ISO-8859-2.
(Reporter)

Comment 3

18 years ago
momoi: we do have that problem, see bug 50107.

Comment 4

18 years ago
Created attachment 13428 [details]
Screen shot of view source using build id 2000082308. Is this broken?
(Reporter)

Comment 5

18 years ago
Yes. It was worse, actually, when I tried it last time (it didn't print anything
after "sama sr") but this time the error is that the E in <!ELEMENT ...> is
missing, which is really weird.

Comment 6

18 years ago
Reassign to Frank.
Assignee: nhotta → ftang
(Assignee)

Comment 7

18 years ago
hum... When do we start to support View Source for XML ? Part of the problem is 
in 41981.
(Assignee)

Comment 8

18 years ago
Change the summary from "View Source broken with ISO-8859-2 character set" to
View source for XML is broekn with on non UTF-8 page which specified by <?xml 
encoding="" .
Summary: View Source broken with ISO-8859-2 character set → View source for XML is broekn with on non UTF-8 page which specified by <?xml encoding=""
(Assignee)

Updated

18 years ago
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED

Updated

17 years ago
Keywords: intl
(Assignee)

Comment 9

17 years ago
could this related to bug 41981 ???
Depends on: 41981
(Reporter)

Comment 10

17 years ago
Sounds like it would be... I think, btw, that the <!ELEMENT ... > missing the
initial "E" in the view source is a different bug...
(Assignee)

Comment 11

17 years ago
I think this is related to 41981. When we view XML page, we display right, but
we didn't pass that info into nsIDocument. And when we view source, we stillt
think that document is in UTF-8 because nsIDocument say so.

Comment 12

17 years ago
Changed QA contact to andreasb@netscape.com for now.
QA Contact: teruko → andreasb
(Assignee)

Comment 13

17 years ago
The url somehow redirect to a porn site now. :(
I think this problem is gone for labeled page. The problem seems still exist for 
no label (utf-8) page.
(Reporter)

Comment 14

17 years ago
whoa, sorry about that. my registration of thirdnipple.com expired. fixing the url.

also, ftang is right -- this seems to be fixed :) resolving wfm.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME

Comment 15

17 years ago
Changing QA contact to teruko.
QA Contact: andreasb → teruko

Comment 16

17 years ago
Verified as worksforme.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.