Before we can roll the new keymaster into production, we need to verify that the machine, modified toolchain, and new scripts work as expected. In offline discussions at group gathering this week, we decided to re-sign the existing, known, FF3.0.12 and FF3.5.1 builds, and schedule with QA to get them properly tested. If all that goes ok, we can move new keymaster into production before the upcoming FF3.0.13 and FF3.5.2 releases. In case it helps to reduce testing scope, the unsigned binaries will be identical. However, the signed binaries, and the update snippets will be different. (Lets use this bug to track this project; catlee, once the builds are available, can you reassign this bug to abillings?)
8 years ago
As per email yesterday, new builds are up at: http://stage.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/experimental/newsigs/
From email with abillings: [snip] Juan and I have tested these and we're done. We found no issues at all. Things look good. We ran smoketests, did updates with uninstalls, and did some poking around. Al [snip]
Al: looks like this is now ok to close?
Yes, I believe so.
(In reply to comment #3) > Al: > > looks like this is now ok to close? (In reply to comment #4) > Yes, I believe so.
Marking verified forever later!