Sunbird 0.9: Some character appears corrupted in the GUI

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

Mozilla Localizations
pt-PT / Portuguese
RESOLVED FIXED
8 years ago
8 years ago

People

(Reporter: Manuel Souto Pico, Assigned: João Neves)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_4_11; pt-pt) AppleWebKit/531.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.3 Safari/531.9
Build Identifier: â€"

Check out the screenshot.

Reproducible: Always
Couldn't open the provided screenshot... also, this bug report is incomplete... it seems almost invalid as there are no details given.
(Reporter)

Comment 2

8 years ago
The url didn't work due to special characters in the file name, but going up one level you could access. I've changed the name and it should be okay now. Thanks! 

http://www.msoutopico.es/images/screenshots/sunbird_bug.png

The screenshot speaks by itself, that's why I didn't add any more comments. There are no steps to reproduce other than run the application and I don't know what the expected result is because I don't know what should be instead of the corrupted characters (I just know â€" is not the expected output). 

I hope this helps.

Comment 3

8 years ago
Regarding the screenshot: It is easier to add them as an attachment to the bug report. This way readers of the bug report can always look at it and don't depend on some external resources that might be taken off the web.

Back to the issue: Looks like some translation glitch. What Sunbird localization do you use? Can you post the UserAgent string  from the About Sunbird page?
(Reporter)

Comment 4

8 years ago
Thanks, I didn't see where to attach the screenshot but 'll keep it in mind for future bugs. Sorry, it's the first time I do this. THanks for your patience!

I guess this is what you're asking for:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; pt-PT; rv:1.8.1.18pre) Gecko/20080917 Sunbird/0.9

Thanks!
(Reporter)

Comment 5

8 years ago
Created attachment 420301 [details]
screenshot showing the corrupted string

Comment 6

8 years ago
I can reproduce using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; pt-PT; rv:1.8.1.18pre) Gecko/20080917 Sunbird/0.9.

I can't reproduce anymore using the latest test build Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; pt-PT; rv:1.9.1.7pre) Gecko/20091202 Calendar/1.0b1pre.

Looks like the issue has already been corrected during localization work of Sunbird/Lightning 1.0b1.
Assignee: nobody → joao.neves
Component: Sunbird Only → pt-PT / Portuguese
OS: Mac OS X → All
Product: Calendar → Mozilla Localizations
QA Contact: sunbird → joao.neves
Summary: Some character appears corrupted in the GUI → Sunbird 0.9: Some character appears corrupted in the GUI
(Reporter)

Comment 7

8 years ago
Thanks, Stefan. There are no updates yet, so I guess I will see the fix when version 1.0b1 is released. 

Thanks a lot for your work!
(Assignee)

Comment 8

8 years ago
Yes, this was corrected a while ago, and is just waiting for the next releases:

changeset:   227:b0070b325551
user:        "João Miguel Neves <joao.neves@intraneia.com>"
date:        Mon Jan 19 12:48:51 2009 +0000
summary:     [pt-PT] corrected several strange chars

Manuel, muito obrigado pelo feedback.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.