When I go to "File" > "New Window" or use the "Open A New Window" icon on the Accessories Bar, it doesn't OPEN A New Window AT ALL! Opening a NEW Tab Works though, NO MATTER the method.

VERIFIED INVALID

Status

()

Firefox
General
--
major
VERIFIED INVALID
8 years ago
8 years ago

People

(Reporter: Joe Wirtner, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

When attempting to open a NEW window (either by going to "File" > "New Window" or using the icon on the Accessories Bar), it doesn't open a New Window in ANY way. Which is weird, because I can open a new Tab. I have the latest version, FireFox 3.6, so it really can't be a version problem. I'm not sure why it would be, other than a bug due to one of my add-ons.??

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go To "File" on Menu.
2. Select "New Window"
3. Or simply click on the "Open New Window" icon on the Accessories Bar (If you've added that, which I have).
Actual Results:  
No New Window! Nada, Zilch, Zero, Niet!!!

Expected Results:  
A New Window, and that's it!!!

Theme Used: Drift RX8. However, same problem occurs with ALL Themes (including Default).

about:buildconfig

Source

Built from http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.2/rev/448d0d2d310c
Build platform
target
i686-pc-mingw32

Build tools
Compiler 	Version 	Compiler flags
cl 	14.00.50727.762 	-TC -nologo -W3 -Gy -Fdgenerated.pdb -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -Zi -UDEBUG -DNDEBUG -GL -wd4624 -wd4952 -O1
cl 	14.00.50727.762 	-GR- -TP -nologo -Zc:wchar_t- -W3 -Gy -Fdgenerated.pdb -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -Zi -UDEBUG -DNDEBUG -GL -wd4624 -wd4952 -O1

Configure arguments
--enable-application=browser --enable-update-channel=release --enable-update-packaging --enable-jemalloc --enable-official-branding --enable-tests
(Reporter)

Comment 2

8 years ago
It works in "Safe Mode," that is true, but it still doesn't work in 3.6 the regular browser. I know it worked in the previous version I had before I updated, which was 3.0.14 (I think, the last version before 3.5 came out)... I've even disabled (and uninstalled add-ons), and it still has this flaw! It seems very askew, considering that most of these add-ons I had before. I've only added TwitterBar & Split Bar after (both of which I uninstalled as of now, in addition to others U've either uninstaled or DISABLED)... Any ideas are welcome.


Thanks,

Joe Wirtner
(Reporter)

Comment 3

8 years ago
It works in "Safe Mode," that is true, but it still doesn't work in 3.6 the
regular browser. I know it worked in the previous version I had before I
updated, which was 3.0.14 (I think, the last version before 3.5 came out)...
I've even disabled (and uninstalled add-ons), and it still has this flaw! It
seems very askew, considering that most of these add-ons I had before. I've
only added TwitterBar & Split Bar after (both of which I uninstalled as of now,
in addition to others I've either uninstaled or DISABLED)... Any ideas are
welcome.


Thanks,

Joe Wirtner
(Reporter)

Comment 4

8 years ago
It works in "Safe Mode," that is true, but it still doesn't work in 3.6 the
regular browser. I know it worked in the previous version I had before I
updated, which was 3.0.14 (I think, the last version before 3.5 came out)...
I've even disabled (and uninstalled add-ons), and it still has this flaw! It
seems very askew, considering that most of these add-ons I had before. I've
only added TwitterBar & Split Bar after (both of which I uninstalled as of now,
in addition to others I've either uninstalled or DISABLED)... Any ideas are
welcome.


Thanks,

Joe Wirtner
So this works in safe mode? Then is is some customization you have done. support.mozilla.com can help you figure it out
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
Disable your addons one by one on tools/addon to find the addon that is causing the issue. Do a restart after you disabled them and don't froget to switch to the default theme.
(Reporter)

Comment 7

8 years ago
I've done so, and it would seem that the add-on "XUL Cache" was causing problems with either my "Google Toolbar" or my "URL Fixer" add-on. As an aside, it is also very tricky, since I uninstalled  both the "URL Fixer" & "XUL" at the same time, and disabled the "Google Toolbar" and it worked, and then I was left with the defaults, then re-installed, "XUL Cache" and "Google Toolbar" and it worked the first time, then I switched Personas or themes, and then it wouldn't work. So I redid the steps again and just kept the "XUL Cache" off, and then changed Personas and added many add-ons and it worked - thus I found the little "devil" that was playing dirty. However, it was a tedious task, to say the least...


Thanks for ALL of your help people...
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Resolution: INVALID → WORKSFORME
Please report to the developer of XUL cache
Resolution: WORKSFORME → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.