spell-check-dictionary name is not displayed in context menu. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Start Minfield/Namoroka with new profile 2. Right click on textarea 3. Chose "Languages >" Actual Results: spell-check-dictionary name is not displayed in context menu Expected Results: spell-check-dictionary name ishould be displayed in context menu Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; en-US; rv:1.9.3a5pre) Gecko/20100603 Minefield/3.7a5pre ID:20100603110311 Pushlog: http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/pushloghtml?fromchange=dc913bfadfd0&tochange=25442798da4a Candidate bug: Bug 433860 - No spelling suggestions for text inputs when contenteditable node in document And Namoroka is also broken. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124pre) Gecko/20100605 Namoroka/3.6.6pre ID:20100605042233 But Shiretoko is fine. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199pre) Gecko/20100605 Firefox/3.5.11pre ID:20100605045013
It seems to be fixed the following modification for toolkit/content/InlineSpellChecker.jsm - item.label = displayName; + item.setAttribute("label", displayName);
Alice, you learned how to create MQ based patches finally & thus can attach one for review? btw, you rock! :-)
status2.0: --- → ?
Version: unspecified → Trunk
while testing comment 0 (enabling 'check spelling', check for the languages, disabling 'check spelling') and writing comment 3 i crashed: bp-afc49e3f-9a06-465b-944e-e10192100605 [@ nsTextServicesDocument::NodeHasOffsetEntry(nsTArray<OffsetEntry*>*, nsIDOMNode*, int*, int*) ]
(In reply to comment #3) > Alice, you learned how to create MQ based patches finally & thus can attach one > for review? I think that it is difficult for me.
(In reply to comment #4) > while testing comment 0 (enabling 'check spelling', check for the languages, > disabling 'check spelling') and writing comment 3 i crashed: > > bp-afc49e3f-9a06-465b-944e-e10192100605 > [@ nsTextServicesDocument::NodeHasOffsetEntry(nsTArray<OffsetEntry*>*, > nsIDOMNode*, int*, int*) ] Filed bug 570350 for this crash.
Created attachment 449497 [details] [diff] [review] Patch (v1) OK, the problem is that when the menuitem is created, the XBL for it is not bound, so setting the property does not set the attribute on the item. I originally did that because inside test_contextmenu.html, item.label would sometimes be undefined. I figured out that we don't bind menuitem XBLs for items in menus which are not displayed, and that was the reason why item.label was sometimes undefined. So I made the test use getAttribute as well, and all is good now.
Assignee: nobody → ehsan
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Attachment #449497 - Flags: review?(gavin.sharp)
188.8.131.52 should come out with this patch, so that we don't ship a broken menu item to our users.
blocking1.9.2: --- → ?
Attachment #449497 - Flags: review?(gavin.sharp) → review+
blocking1.9.1: --- → .11+
blocking1.9.2: ? → .5+
blocking2.0: ? → alpha5+
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla1.9.3a5
I can now see the spell-check-dicktionary name on Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.3a5pre) Gecko/20100610 Minefield/3.7a5pre ID:20100610035756
Comment on attachment 449497 [details] [diff] [review] Patch (v1) a=LegNeato for 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11. Please land this on mozilla-1.9.2 default and mozilla-1.9.1 default.
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.2/rev/1d878086b53b Holding off on 1.9.1 landing until bug 433860 gets into 1.9.1.
status1.9.2: wanted → .6-fixed
status1.9.1: wanted → .11-fixed
I can't reproduce on 3.6.7
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.