Session restore is blank. I have removed all extensions, and its still happening

RESOLVED INCOMPLETE

Status

()

--
major
RESOLVED INCOMPLETE
8 years ago
8 years ago

People

(Reporter: pmheart6, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6

I have removed all extensions.
I still have about 32 addons

To Isolate the issue, I removed all tabs, and opened 2. Then browsed a while, and proceeded to the task manager, and killed the process tree. It recognized it. Recently closed tabs is also blank. 

This started happening after the system updated to 3.6.6
I checked all the bug reports and it seems they all say fixed.
I have the most recent version, and its still not working. 
There are no tabs to deselect, and there is no form other than a couple of search dialog boxes.

I have tried clicking restore to see if they just were not listed, but nothing.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.browse
2.crash
3.start and click restore.
(In reply to comment #0)
> User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6)
> Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
> Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6)
> Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
> 
> I have removed all extensions.
> I still have about 32 addons

Extensions are addons, so are you saying you have 32 plugins & themes?... Try Safe Mode, which will explicitly disable addons.

> To Isolate the issue, I removed all tabs, and opened 2. Then browsed a while,
> and proceeded to the task manager, and killed the process tree. It recognized
> it. Recently closed tabs is also blank. 
> 
> This started happening after the system updated to 3.6.6
> I checked all the bug reports and it seems they all say fixed.

There were no session restore bugs fixed in 3.6.4 or 3.6.6, so it seems unlikely this is directly caused by session restore.

> I have the most recent version, and its still not working. 
> There are no tabs to deselect, and there is no form other than a couple of
> search dialog boxes.

I'm not sure what you mean by "no form other than a couple of search dialog boxes". Do you mean the parts of normal browser window?

> I have tried clicking restore to see if they just were not listed, but nothing.

So you're seeing the "oops ..." page but it is empty? (The URL shown for that page is about:sessionrestore).

Some questions / things to look at...

What happens when you quit normally & save your session?

Does sessionstore.js exist in your profile after you crash. Try to do like you did above with a simple session and then if the file exists, attach it here.

Do you see errors in your Error Console when starting Firefox after a crash?

Please clarify the problem and let me know about the above.

Comment 2

8 years ago
no response from reporter. not ideal, but => incomplete
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
(Reporter)

Comment 3

8 years ago
As of Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) if seems to be working.... but you say there were no fixes.... 



>> I have the most recent version, and its still not working. 
>> There are no tabs to deselect, and there is no form other than a couple of
>> search dialog boxes.

>I'm not sure what you mean by "no form other than a couple of search dialog
>boxes". Do you mean the parts of normal browser window?

There was another bug report saying it would not restore when there was a lot of data in a dialogue box -- I was saying I didn't have dialog boxes. Except for the little ones such as the search boxes seen on most pages

>> I have tried clicking restore to see if they just were not listed, but nothing.

>So you're seeing the "oops ..." page but it is empty? (The URL shown for that
page is about:sessionrestore).

The address bar does not list about:sessionrestore -- If you don't manually enter about:sessionrestore FF does not fill in the address bar.

The box on the page lists all the pages that should be restored.
---------------------------------------
>Some questions / things to look at...

>What happens when you quit normally & save your session?

Same thing...... weather I do a normal exit as a crash (forced or not)

>Does sessionstore.js exist in your profile after you crash. Try to do like you
>did above with a simple session and then if the file exists, attach it here.

--its now restoring--

>Do you see errors in your Error Console when starting Firefox after a crash?

--it does not automatically pop up--
>Please clarify the problem and let me know about the above.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.