User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Avant Browser; Avant Browser; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101013 Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1.5 I have created a recurring calendar item named 'New Item' lasting 1hr, two days in a week (Mon & Wed) from 09:00 til 10:00. Then I copy the [first] item, select another day in the same week and paste it. At that point I obtain a additional item names 'null' covering 48hrs. Copy-paste of a single, non-recurring item seems to work as advertised. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. In the Calendar add a new event (Ctrl+I). I have used a free week to do the testing (e.g. Mon Jan 17, 2011). 2. Set the 'Start' and 'End' to the same day and with 1hr time span. set 'Repeat' to 'Custom...' and put the recurrence pattern to 'daily' every '2' days. 3. Set 'range of occurrences to 'Create' and give '2' appointments. 4. Click 'OK' and next 'Save and Close'. 5. Highlight the first event and press Ctrl+C. 6. Highlight 'Tuesday' in the week. 7. Press Ctrl+V. 8. Highlight 'Wednesday' and press Ctrl+V. 9. Highlight the original second event (on Wednesday) and press Ctrl+C. 10. Highlight 'Tuesday' again and press Ctrl+V. Actual Results: After 7. a new calendar item called 'null' is produced lasting 24hrs After 8. a new calendar item called 'null' is produced lasting 48hrs After 10. a new calendar item called 'null' is produced lasting 2hrs. Expected Results: After 7. I would have expected 1 new item in the range called 'New Event' lasting 1hr. Same for 8. and 10. Note: the reminder option (e.g. 5 mins) when creating the calendar item is *NOT* maintained.
Thanks for the detailed description. I have just tried to reproduce this. However, it works perfectly for me. Using Thunderbird 7 with Lightning 1.0b7
DutchGemini, can you still reproduce? Can anybody else reproduce??
Unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem anymore once I switched to 1.0b5 with TB6. After the upgrade, access to the calender server based on Sun Java Calendar Server I use at the office broke completely (can't login anymore, never occurred with 1.0b2). I am now bypassing this problem by using a web-interface. However, I can confirm that the above instructions, with the given versions, are absolutely persistent.
I can reproduce it with trunk versions of both TB and Lightning under Linux. See duplicate bug 708957.
I can reproduce this easily with 126.96.36.199 by doing: 1. Create an event test with Repeat Bi-weekly until a date one month after the original. 2. Ctrl-X last 'test' event. 3. Ctrl-V one week after. Result: A new "empty" event appears in the list of "All future events" with no name with a date that is not the one pasted into (or cut from). This event does not show up in the Calendar view.
Strangely, drag&drop seems to do the right thing.
I can reproduce this in Ubuntu 14.04 with Thunderbird 52.2.1 (64 bits) and Lightning 5.4 1. Original event created on 20171020 that repeats itself everyday until 20171022 (3 days) BEGIN:VEVENT CREATED:20171019T172340Z LAST-MODIFIED:20171019T172436Z DTSTAMP:20171019T172436Z UID:c81a5bd3-30b5-4d20-bdc3-33d1ef4532a7 SUMMARY:test 2 thun ORGANIZER;RSVP=TRUE;CN=Usuari Ana;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;ROLE=CHAIR:mailto:usua firstname.lastname@example.org ATTENDEE;RSVP=TRUE;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT:mailto:usuar email@example.com ATTENDEE;RSVP=TRUE;CN=Al Solana;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;ROLE=REQ-PARTICI PANT:mailto:AL.SOLANA@xxx.com RRULE:FREQ=DAILY;UNTIL=20171022T070000Z DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Madrid:20171020T090000 DTEND;TZID=Europe/Madrid:20171020T100000 TRANSP:OPAQUE CLASS:PUBLIC END:VEVENT 2. After copy/paste one day of previous event into 20171024 then two new events are created: - A null event beginning on 20171024 and ending on 20171027, a 3 days long !!! BEGIN:VEVENT CREATED:20171019T173539Z LAST-MODIFIED:20171019T173557Z DTSTAMP:20171019T173557Z UID:5cf7a199-c316-4a1a-a9d3-2f1d4b17b38e RDATE;VALUE=DATE-TIME:20171024T070000Z DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Madrid:20171024T090000 DTEND;TZID=Europe/Madrid:20171027T090000 X-MOZ-FAKED-MASTER:1 CLASS:PUBLIC X-MOZ-GENERATION:1 END:VEVENT - A new copy of original event into 20171024: BEGIN:VEVENT CREATED:20171019T173507Z LAST-MODIFIED:20171019T173557Z DTSTAMP:20171019T173557Z UID:5cf7a199-c316-4a1a-a9d3-2f1d4b17b38e SUMMARY:test copy thun RECURRENCE-ID;TZID=Europe/Madrid:20171024T090000 ORGANIZER;RSVP=TRUE;CN=Usuari Ana;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;ROLE=CHAIR:mailto:usua firstname.lastname@example.org ATTENDEE;RSVP=TRUE;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT:mailto:usuar email@example.com ATTENDEE;RSVP=TRUE;CN=Al Solana;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;ROLE=REQ-PARTICI PANT:mailto:AL.SOLANA@xxx.com DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Madrid:20171024T090000 DTEND;TZID=Europe/Madrid:20171024T100000 CLASS:PUBLIC END:VEVENT It's a complete mess, Lightning is displaying the good new copied event, but the original webmail calendar displays only the null event. To fix the problem you must delete null and new copy event.