so, mxr-test went crazy after nov 13. I killed all the jobs last night. mxr-test also has an experimental indexer available, but I don't think it's supposed to be active. I'm running an update-xref (using cron commands) now, the last successful run start and end times: Sat Nov 13 03:13:33 CET 2010 ... Sat Nov 13 04:24:54 CET 2010 so it should take ~70mins for the run to complete.
Hmm, the problem still remains the same, as far as I can tell...
yeah, it didn't finish, so it just started getting stuck again. i turned off the "silence logging" flag and ran again. genxref on mozilla-central got stuck on this file: js/src/tests/js1_5/Regress/regress-229006.js ... which is rather mean, but mxr has dealt w/ it for years, so I'm not sure if that's really what's going on, i've filed that as bug 614207. And I'll investigate after lunch.
ok, this is a bit strange. the fix in bug 614207 will fix the underlying problem. since this bug was more of a "something's wrong" and I split out the underlying problem, I'm going to resolve this bug as fixed first. A quick check shows that both mozilla-central and mozilla-1.9.1 managed to finish their indexing tasks. I'll resolve the other bug probably Sunday when I push the fix upstream. -- Possibly including a couple of other fixes. Note that I'm restoring the patch that I disabled initially, so there should be another xref run in roughly 8 hours, if things go bad, i'll know tomorrow when I come into work.