Problem with ascii // not unicode url when clicking on a ed2k link.

RESOLVED INVALID

Status

()

Firefox
File Handling
--
major
RESOLVED INVALID
7 years ago
4 years ago

People

(Reporter: Giovanni Benetti, Unassigned)

Tracking

3.6 Branch
x86_64
Windows 7
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

7 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; it; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; it; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13

as written here http://wiki.amule.org/index.php/Ed2k_links_handling#64_bit i made a .bat, and a .reg and all works propely since the bat is running when i click on a link (and ok in the screen asking for the right application).

As i noticed here: http://forum.mozillaitalia.org/index.php?topic=48305.msg312187#msg312187 (italian) and here (http://www.dduniverse.net/ita/viewtopic.php?f=204&t=3551955) italian firefox gives to .bat file the wrong link.

If the link is ed2k://|file|[Wii]...ecc it gives ed2k://%7Cfile%7C%5BWii%5D (the same unicode converted to ascii).

I can see another strange thing: (even in the ed2k url)

The problem doesn't exist on wXP sp3, the same version of firefox. (links are always send / copied as unicode)

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
0. This bug works on my i3 laptop, windows 7 64. Doesn't on desktop Wxp 32.
1. do as written here http://wiki.amule.org/index.php/Ed2k_links_handling#64_bit (you don't have to install amule, try only to do what's written on the page, making a c:\asd.bat containing 

pause %1

and execute an c:\asd.reg containing

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ed2k]
@="URL: ed2k Protocol"
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ed2k\shell]
@="open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ed2k\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ed2k\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\asd.bat\" \"%1\""

2. open a page with an ed2k link
3. click on ed2k link  [right click] -> [copy link location] the link is copyed as unicode. (OK!)
4. [left click] and click [OK] the link is send as ascii. (DOH!)
5. like 3. right click -> copy link location the link is now copyed as ascii. (SBONK!)


since i reloaded the page the link will always copyed like ascii. 
Actual Results:  
the bat fails (if you have the entire bat).

With the small test bat you can see the link on ascii

Expected Results:  
the bat runs ok! -> it puts on a amule dislocated core the link clicked

With the small bat you can see link on unicode

OMG how many forms!

I've written all before!

so... the bug works on w7 64, not on a wxp 32.

if i use compatibility mode none changes. 

if you have questions (or if my english is to bad to allow you to understand) wite me at brazoayeye@gmail.com

No differences between themes

Updated

7 years ago
Version: unspecified → 3.6 Branch
> Steps to Reproduce:
> 0. This bug works on my i3 laptop, windows 7 64. Doesn't on desktop Wxp 32.
> 1. do as written here
> http://wiki.amule.org/index.php/Ed2k_links_handling#64_bit (you don't have
> to install amule, try only to do what's written on the page, making a
> c:\asd.bat containing 

http://wiki.amule.org/index.php/Ed2k_links_handling#64_bit is an invalid URL now.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.