Closed Bug 630468 Opened 10 years ago Closed 10 years ago
Update Adobe Flash to version 10
.2 .152 on plugincheck
Plugincheck reports 10.1.102.64 as current for mac. According to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ - the recent version is 10.2.152.22 so we need to update plugincheck to avoid people using a old flash version
The download page for Mac still shows the old version though: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Adobe Flash Player version 10.1.102.64
10.2.152.22 is still only available as a beta from the Adobe labs site. They will be pushing later this week, but it's not time to update yet.
This came out today.
Assignee: nobody → kev
OS: Mac OS X → All
Hardware: x86 → All
Summary: update flash version for mac on plugincheck → Update Adobe Flash to version 10.2.152 on plugincheck
Pushed 10.2.152 to stage, and 10.1.102 is being reported as outdated, and 10.2.152 is being reported as up-to-date on Firefox and Chrome. Please note that Adobe has not published release notes at this point, so 10.1 is only marked as "outdated". I'm leery of QA-ing and pushing to prod until Adobe completes its update of the Flash site, so will hold off on requesting QA until that happens.
Just another note, Chrome's version of Flash is 10.2.154, so I've added a separate entry for Chrome with that version number.
Some preliminary results from our testing Fx4 nightlies: there seem to be a few problems with the latest version of Flash. Bugs will be forthcoming.
Can we confirm that we're seeing the problems with 10.2.152.26? I know there were some problems reported with 10.2.152.21, but Adobe respun to address some crashers.
Also, we should probably open a separate bug for issues, rather than having them in a plugincheck update bug.
Yeah, all bugs are being filed separately. Some of the problems filed are against .26 version.
Adobe has released their security bulletin and release notes. 10.1.102 and 10.1.103 marked vulnerable on test with a link to http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb11-02.html Stage is ready for QA and testing.
adding stephend for the qa part (i think this falls into webqa)
Apparently, 10.2 is Intel only on OS X. So we shouldn't report 10.1 as out of date on PPC.
(In reply to comment #11) > adding stephend for the qa part (i think this falls into webqa) This is handled by Raymond.
(In reply to comment #12) > Apparently, 10.2 is Intel only on OS X. So we shouldn't report 10.1 as out of > date on PPC. PPC is no longer supported by Adobe, so I'm thinking it needs a "Should be Disabled" flag, because it is vulnerable and there is no upgrade path. Will confirm with Adobe first, and will open a separate bug.
qa- verified-stage http://www.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
PPC will no longer be supported, but there are no known vulnerabilities with PPC, and Adobe has recommended that 10.1.102 be maintained as latest. Stage updated to reflect that, but I have no PPC machine to test against. Can we test against PPC as well to verify 10.1.102 is being reported as latest?
(In reply to comment #17) > PPC will no longer be supported, but there are no known vulnerabilities with > PPC, and Adobe has recommended that 10.1.102 be maintained as latest. Stage > updated to reflect that, but I have no PPC machine to test against. > > Can we test against PPC as well to verify 10.1.102 is being reported as latest? I think there is an old ppc down in the qa-lab. I will test on that machine later in the day
Changes pushed to production.
verified fixed http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
(In reply to comment #20) > verified fixed http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/ Not complaining _here_ but adding a "See also" to this BR about: 'Our _Different_ Plugin Checking URLs are not using same Code and give different results' (not current Title): https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=630441 Rob
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.