Build: Mozilla/5.0 (Maemo;Linux armv7l;rv:2.0b12pre)Gecko/20110217 Firefox/4.0b12pre Fennec /4.0b5pre
Prerequisites: Have candidate repository installed.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Fennec 4.0b4 from:
2. Open fennec and do some browsing.
3. Check for updates in App manager, if there is no notification in Home
3. Install Fennec 4.0b5.
4. Start Fennec.
- the 4.0b5 app opens and work with no problem
- the application doesn't start from shortcut. From the X Terminal it is opened the 4.0b4 version
Note: no error in the console/ X Terminal
Created attachment 513466 [details]
The application tries to open, but remains black screen for like 5 seconds and it closes after
I tried this out and it worked for me on a new profile. Ioana, were you using an old profile? Also, did you uninstall Firefox/Fennec previously before installing Beta 4?
Yes, I've uninstall the older versions. Also I've cleaned the profile with command rm - r ~/.mozilla/fennec
Works for me too. Ioana, what happens if you restart the OS?