Update version numbers everywhere to those specified in the process document. I plan to do this early Monday, 2011-04-11.
mozilla-beta (doesn't need to be done right now but can't hurt)
See the doc @ http://mozilla.github.com/process-releases/draft/development_specifics/
There is some debate if we should just wait for the aurora merge and land 6.0a1 on mozilla-central instead. I'll get a patch for both cooked up while we discuss.
Created attachment 524763 [details] [diff] [review]
Version bump to 5.0a1 for mozilla-central (if done on Monday)
Created attachment 524764 [details] [diff] [review]
Version bump to 6.0a1 for mozilla-central (if done on Tuesday)
apart from the policy decision, both patches are correct. Doing this on Monday will require more work in crash-stats and metrics, I think, for a single day of builds.
Created attachment 525111 [details] [diff] [review]
Version bump to 5.0a1 for mobile
Created attachment 525112 [details] [diff] [review]
Version bump to 6.0a1 for mobile
Long-term, I think we should get rid of the separate mobile version number, but for now it will need to be updated too.
We're going with the bump to 6.0a1 tomorrow.
Forgot to include the bug # in the commit, darn.
*** Bug 582672 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***