Closed Bug 649103 Opened 9 years ago Closed 9 years ago

TI: Assertion failure: lastBinding

Categories

(Core :: JavaScript Engine, defect)

defect
Not set

Tracking

()

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: jandem, Unassigned)

References

(Blocks 1 open bug)

Details

Attachments

(1 file)

Attached file gdb output
I am able to reproduce this tinderbox assert with my own browser build (debug, 32-bit, OS X). The first time I started the browser it did not assert but it crashed when I visited some website (tbpl.mozilla.org I think). Next time I started the browser I got this assert.

Attached is a gdb debug session. Let me know if you need more information.
STR:

1) Start firefox-bin
2) Send SIGQUIT (on OS X: killall -QUIT firefox-bin)
3) Next time I start the browser I always get this assert

(SIGKILL instead of SIGQUIT does not work)
Cool, thanks for the stack.

I still can't repro this, but from the behavior you're seeing I'm guessing the problem is with XDR'ed scripts, and looking at how those are decoded we do not ensure that decoded scripts have a binding if they have no local names.  This *should* fix things.

http://hg.mozilla.org/projects/jaegermonkey/rev/752402c11d02
This looks fixed on tinderbox.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.