Closed Bug 650820 Opened 9 years ago Closed 9 years ago

Adding more then 10 search engines removes the default ones

Categories

(Firefox for Android Graveyard :: General, defect, P3)

ARM
Android
defect

Tracking

(Not tracked)

VERIFIED FIXED

People

(Reporter: andreea.pod, Assigned: vingtetun)

Details

Attachments

(1 file)

Mozilla /5.0 (Android;Linux armv7l;rv:2.0b13pre) Gecko/20110317 Firefox/4.0b13pre Fennec /4.0 
Device: LG Optimus 2X

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Fennec
2. Go to http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-engines.html
3. Add more then 10 search engines from that page
4. Tap on the url bar
5. Type a link or anything you want.

Expected results:
Awesome screen should show the 4 default search engines.

Actual results:
The default engines doesn't appear and "No results" is listed.
Priority: -- → P3
(In reply to comment #0)
> Mozilla /5.0 (Android;Linux armv7l;rv:2.0b13pre) Gecko/20110317
> Firefox/4.0b13pre Fennec /4.0 
> Device: LG Optimus 2X
> 
> Steps to reproduce:
> 1. Open Fennec
> 2. Go to http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-engines.html
> 3. Add more then 10 search engines from that page
> 4. Tap on the url bar
> 5. Type a link or anything you want.
> 
> Expected results:
> Awesome screen should show the 4 default search engines.
> 
> Actual results:
> The default engines doesn't appear and "No results" is listed.

I'm actually unsure of your steps to reproduce, you say you add 10 search engines and then you start typing something and you see the 'No Results' row?
I just made a video, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/user/qaioana#p/a/u/0/wQd1TYPMIyI.
This happened after I added 12 new search engines.
(In reply to comment #2)
> I just made a video, you can see it here:
> http://www.youtube.com/user/qaioana#p/a/u/0/wQd1TYPMIyI.
> This happened after I added 12 new search engines.

Thanks for the video!
(In reply to comment #3)
> (In reply to comment #2)
> > I just made a video, you can see it here:
> > http://www.youtube.com/user/qaioana#p/a/u/0/wQd1TYPMIyI.
> > This happened after I added 12 new search engines.

The bug is because of something wrong with the search engines named: FB Profile By ID#.

I'm digging to understand why
(In reply to comment #4)
> (In reply to comment #3)
> > (In reply to comment #2)
> > > I just made a video, you can see it here:
> > > http://www.youtube.com/user/qaioana#p/a/u/0/wQd1TYPMIyI.
> > > This happened after I added 12 new search engines.
> 
> The bug is because of something wrong with the search engines named: FB Profile
> By ID#.
> 
> I'm digging to understand why

Because there is no icon for the search engine... Let's show the default in that case.
Attached patch PatchSplinter Review
Assignee: nobody → 21
Attachment #527547 - Flags: review?(mark.finkle)
Comment on attachment 527547 [details] [diff] [review]
Patch

I suppose we might want different default search favicon in the future, but this is fine for now
Attachment #527547 - Flags: review?(mark.finkle) → review+
Strange how I was adding the same search engine every time, picking them randomly. I've just tried with others then that one and is working fine :)(In reply to comment #5)
> (In reply to comment #4)
> > (In reply to comment #3)
> > > (In reply to comment #2)
> > > > I just made a video, you can see it here:
> > > > http://www.youtube.com/user/qaioana#p/a/u/0/wQd1TYPMIyI.
> > > > This happened after I added 12 new search engines.
> > 
> > The bug is because of something wrong with the search engines named: FB Profile
> > By ID#.
> > 
> > I'm digging to understand why
> 
> Because there is no icon for the search engine... Let's show the default in
> that case.

Strange how I was adding the same search engine every time, picking them randomly. I've just tried with others then that one and is working fine :)
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/a2b66f1b996a
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Verified on build: Mozilla /5.0 (Android;Linux armv7l;rv:6.0a1) Gecko/20110504
Firefox/6.0a1 Fennec/6.0a1 
Device: LG Optimus 2X
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
verified FIXED On build:
Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Linux armv7l; rv:6.0a1) Gecko/20110504 Firefox/6.0a1
Fennec/6.0a1 ID:20110504042024
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.