Closed Bug 650885 Opened 9 years ago Closed 9 years ago
Make better use of menuitem and command elements relating to editing already in utility
At the moment we have a lot of duplication of entities across our code base and if we made better use of the menuitem and command elements related to editing that are already in utilityOverlay then we could remove some of this duplication. This patch: * Moves accesskey and label from menuitem to command element in utilityOverlay.xul. * Removes now unneeded accesskeys and labels from menuitem and other elements in the rest of the code base. * Removes now unneeded entities from the rest of the code base. * Makes use of additional elements from utilityOverlay in editorOverlay. * Gives unique tooltip entities for all toolbarbuttons in editorOverlay rather than sharing labels with menuitems. * Removes some already used entities from editorOverlay.dtd
Changes since v1.1: * Moved accesskeys back to menuitems so that toolbarbuttons do not show accesskeys. * Created separate set of menuitems for context menus so that more code duplicate can be removed. * Removed context menuitem code duplication.
Changes since v1.1: * Reuse editorContentContext for editor source view.
Comment on attachment 527028 [details] [diff] [review] Move labels from menuitems to commands patch v1.2 >- <menuitem id="menu_SelectAll" >- label="&all.label;" >- accesskey="&all.accesskey;" key="key_selectAll" >- command="cmd_selectAll"/> >+ <menuitem id="menu_selectAll"/> In MailNews, the Edit menu looks like this: Edit ... Select > All Ctrl+A ... Thread Ctrl+Shift+A So it wants to have its own label...
Changes since v1.2: * Let mail window edit menu have "All" rather than "Select All" label.
Changes since v1.2a: * Moved back to having separate context menu for source tab in composer. * Removed some changes that belonged in another patch.
Comment on attachment 527955 [details] [diff] [review] Move labels from menuitems to commands patch v1.2b Split some of this into bug 655626
Changes since v1.3: * Removed parts that are now in other bugs.
Comment on attachment 530959 [details] [diff] [review] Move labels from menuitems to commands patch v1.3 This was going well until I opened the Compose window, which gave an XML error (my guess is that its context menu was trying to use contentAreaCommands.dtd).
Attachment #530959 - Flags: review?(neil) → review-
Comment on attachment 530959 [details] [diff] [review] Move labels from menuitems to commands patch v1.3 Silly me, I'm reviewing patches in the wrong order, aren't I. I'll assume that messengercompose.xul is fixed by bug 655529.
Attachment #530959 - Flags: review- → review+
Changes since v1.3: * Removed changes to editor/ui code as that will be in a separate patch.
Comment on attachment 532392 [details] [diff] [review] Move labels from menuitems to commands (no editor/ui changes) patch v1.3a [Checked in: Comment 11] http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/rev/b44563195827
Attachment #532392 - Attachment description: Move labels from menuitems to commands (no editor/ui changes) patch v1.3a → Move labels from menuitems to commands (no editor/ui changes) patch v1.3a [Checked in: Comment 11]
The editor/ui bit is now part of bug 657161, so this one can be marked as fixed.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → seamonkey2.2a1
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.