Cannot remove a disabled incompatible extension which has been globally installed

VERIFIED INVALID

Status

()

Toolkit
Add-ons Manager
--
major
VERIFIED INVALID
7 years ago
7 years ago

People

(Reporter: David E. Ross, Unassigned)

Tracking

2.0 Branch
x86
Windows XP
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

384.00 KB, application/x-sqlite3
Details
(Reporter)

Description

7 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20110511 SeaMonkey/2.1
Build Identifier: 

I updated from SeaMonkey 2.0.14 to SeaMonkey 2.1RC1.  One of my extensions -- Show Password On Input 0.1.3 -- is incompatible with SeaMonkey 2.1.  The <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/show-password-on-input/> site clearly states "Not available for SeaMonkey 2.1".  

Although the extension shows as "Disabled", Add-on Manager does not provide any way to remove this extension.  


Reproducible: Always
Can you attach a copy of extensions.sqlite from your profile folder.
(Reporter)

Comment 2

7 years ago
Created attachment 532457 [details]
extensions.sqlite (raw)

I have attached the requested file.
That extensions seems to be installed in the application directory and we don't manage files there.
(Reporter)

Comment 4

7 years ago
I keep notes on all software I install.  My notes indicate that Show Password On Input was installed in my profiles.  

At the time I installed it, root installation of extensions was being phased out and no longer supported by the Add-ons Manager user interface.  

Furthermore, I just now installed SeaMonkey 2.1RC1 over SeaMonkey 2.0.14.  In the past, this would have erased all root-installed extensions.  

In any case, how do I get rid of it?
The database claims the extension is installed at C:\SeaMonkey2\extensions\showpasswordoption@funke.de. Deleting that directory would remove it. If it isn't installed there then there is something else going on.
(Reporter)

Comment 6

7 years ago
I deleted the extensions folder from the SeaMonkey root.  That did indeed remove the extension.  Marking this bug report as Invalid.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Summary: Cannot Remove Disabled Incompatible Extensions → Cannot remove a disabled incompatible extension which has been globally installed
Version: unspecified → 2.0 Branch
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.