Bug 668741 (SM2.2MU)

Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.2 MU [Major Update]

RESOLVED FIXED in seamonkey2.4

Status

P1
critical
RESOLVED FIXED
8 years ago
8 years ago

People

(Reporter: Callek, Unassigned)

Tracking

SeaMonkey 2.2 Branch
seamonkey2.4

SeaMonkey Tracking Flags

(seamonkey2.2+ fixed)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #668731 +++

+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #668730 +++

+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #666867 +++

+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #647928 +++

For SeaMonkey 2.2 we'll want Major Updates to come from 1.9.1 (SeaMonkey 2.0)

This bug is intended to track that.
(Reporter)

Updated

8 years ago
Depends on: 668744

Comment 1

8 years ago
Firefox is preparing 3.6.19 and 5.0.1 chemspill releases due to Mac-specific issues. Assuming that this may imply a SM 2.2.1 respin as well, should the MU be delayed for 2.0.x -> 2.2.1 instead?

Comment 2

8 years ago
(In reply to comment #1)
> Firefox is preparing 3.6.19 and 5.0.1 chemspill releases due to Mac-specific
> issues. Assuming that this may imply a SM 2.2.1 respin as well, should the
> MU be delayed for 2.0.x -> 2.2.1 instead?

The chemspill is only for a Mac OS X 10.7 issue, and I don't think enough SeaMonkey users will upgrade that fast to need this - but ultimately, it's Callek's call.
(Reporter)

Comment 3

8 years ago
(In reply to comment #2)
> (In reply to comment #1)
> > Firefox is preparing 3.6.19 and 5.0.1 chemspill releases due to Mac-specific
> > issues. Assuming that this may imply a SM 2.2.1 respin as well, should the
> > MU be delayed for 2.0.x -> 2.2.1 instead?
> 
> The chemspill is only for a Mac OS X 10.7 issue, and I don't think enough
> SeaMonkey users will upgrade that fast to need this - but ultimately, it's
> Callek's call.

I was already thinking about this, and long story short -- unless new data flows in to cause me to change my mind, we will not be spinning a 2.2.1. I'll send details to the members list/newsgroups this week.

Comment 4

8 years ago
Data: Lion is scheduled to be released in July and IIUC the "upgrade" costs $29.99.

How fast will SM users upgrade to 10.7? No idea, but you can upgrade through Appstore (which is reachable from a menuitem in the OS).

Comment 5

8 years ago
BTW, do we take into account that 2.0 runs on 10.4, but 2.2 doesn't?

Comment 6

8 years ago
(In reply to comment #5)
> BTW, do we take into account that 2.0 runs on 10.4, but 2.2 doesn't?

Yes, we should not offer updates there. If someone has a 10.4 system around to test, I'd be happy to see if that works, though.

Comment 7

8 years ago
(In reply to comment #6)
> (In reply to comment #5)
> > BTW, do we take into account that 2.0 runs on 10.4, but 2.2 doesn't?
> 
> Yes, we should not offer updates there. If someone has a 10.4 system around
> to test, I'd be happy to see if that works, though.

I'll be happy to test - I have access to an iMac with 10.4.
(Reporter)

Comment 8

8 years ago
(In reply to comment #7)
> (In reply to comment #6)
> > (In reply to comment #5)
> > > BTW, do we take into account that 2.0 runs on 10.4, but 2.2 doesn't?
> > 
> > Yes, we should not offer updates there. If someone has a 10.4 system around
> > to test, I'd be happy to see if that works, though.
> 
> I'll be happy to test - I have access to an iMac with 10.4.

Karsten tested for me on betatest channel the first time through here. If you want to test on the beta update channel that would be great!

(easiest way to do that, download 2.0b3 (new profile) let it update, THEN let it update again (simply help->check for updates)

Comment 9

8 years ago
(In reply to comment #8)
> Karsten tested for me on betatest channel the first time through here. If
> you want to test on the beta update channel that would be great!
> 
> (easiest way to do that, download 2.0b3 (new profile) let it update, THEN
> let it update again (simply help->check for updates)

Works fine. I downloaded 2.0b2 (yes, no b3), then did "help --> check for updates" and got 2.0.14 (I checked the update channel in about:config and I was on "beta"). Then I did another check for updates and the result was "No updates found".
(Reporter)

Updated

8 years ago
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → seamonkey2.4
(Reporter)

Updated

8 years ago
status-seamonkey2.2: --- → fixed
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.