Closed Bug 670337 Opened 9 years ago Closed 9 years ago

Translate update page for SeaMonkey 2.0.x -> 2.2

Categories

(Mozilla Localizations :: es-ES / Spanish, defect)

defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: rpmdisguise-nave, Assigned: rpmdisguise-nave)

References

()

Details

Attachments

(2 files, 1 obsolete file)

Following Callek's post in m.d.l10n, this bug is for tracking update page that will be presented to SeaMonkey 2.0.x users of es-ES locale.
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Attached file it localisation (obsolete) —
I've already sent mine to Callek, but anyway here it is again.
Sorry, didn't notice in time it was es-ES only... I don't think I can delete my message and attachment... Sorry again.
(In reply to comment #2)
> Sorry, didn't notice in time it was es-ES only... I don't think I can delete
> my message and attachment... Sorry again.


No problem, I've looked if there was a "website" component to reuse this bug for all locales, but it seems there is no one.
Attachment #546445 - Attachment is obsolete: true
am I correct that we should use this es-ES translation for es-AR, or shall I plan to see a different translation for that country as well?

(I'll push this for es-AR anyway for the time being, probably better than en-US)
Adding Guillermo Movia so he can comment on es-AR version.
Thanks Ricardo, just small changes.
Comment on attachment 546531 [details]
Small modifications to es-AR

Corrected, will push live momentarily.

This has a few structural changes to the XHTML that I had to not take of course (like the translation of the stylesheet url ;-) )

And I also took the liberty of changing the <title> to match "Actualizá SeaMonkey" rather than what was there before (tell me if that was a bad choice) I of course left the exclamation punctuation intact.
Hi, I've just noticed the es-ES version is not displaying correctly. It seems the text was converted to ISO-8859-1 while going live, but still served as UTF-8, so international characters are mungled. The problem is not present in the es-AR version.

Compare the following URLs, using Page Info to check the encoding:

es-ES attachment:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=544975

es-ES live version:
https://www.mozilla.org/start/2.2/es-ES/index.html

es-AR live version:

Callek, could you upload again the es-ES attachment to the live site?
Comment on attachment 544975 [details]
Translated SM 2.0.x -> 2.2 update page for es-ES

$ svn ci -m "Upload es-ES as correct encoding, bug 670337"
Sending        2.2\es-ES\index.html
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 93090.

Thanks for catching this, sorry for the problem (if it was on my end)
(In reply to comment #10)
> Comment on attachment 544975 [details]
> Translated SM 2.0.x -> 2.2 update page for es-ES
> 
> $ svn ci -m "Upload es-ES as correct encoding, bug 670337"
> Sending        2.2\es-ES\index.html
> Transmitting file data .
> Committed revision 93090.
> 
> Thanks for catching this, sorry for the problem (if it was on my end)


Thank you for fixing it, I don't know how it happened, but I promise I haven't re-uploaded the attachment. :-)

Thanks again, I'm marking the bug fixed.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.