Created attachment 557052 [details] [diff] [review]
* JS_LONE_INTERPRET indicates that the compiler should see just the code for
* the js_Interpret function when compiling jsinterp.cpp. The rest of the code
* from the file should be visible only when compiling jsinvoke.cpp. It allows
* platform builds to optimize selectively js_Interpret when the granularity
* of the optimizations with the given compiler is a compilation unit.
A GCC shell build on SS/V8 and a Win32 Talos build on SS/Dromaeo/Ts/etc does not show any speedup from JS_LONE_INTERPRET. Since this is really pretty strange and I have seen it frustrate several newcomers ("why can't Interpret see my function declaration?!"), it would be nice to remove.
Comment on attachment 557052 [details] [diff] [review]
Yes, it is time to remove this.