Earlybird 9.0a2 (2011-10-26). I have setup 3 accounts, one of them is checked every 1 minute using pop3 and STARTTLS (pop3.volny.cz, a czech free mail) and I download only a copy, there is currently a lot of emails left on the server. Today (with a version one before the reported) I encoutered that I cannot received new messages from that account in particular, other ones seemed to work correctly. After it has happened the first time, I closed EB, setup logging for mime:5,smtp:5,pop3:5 (unfortunately I didn't add timestamp) and restarted. Update occurred, EB started and mail receiving started to work again. But after few minutes the problem appeared again. I will attach logs, according what I can see it seems that we fail to negotiate the ssl connection from some reason.
This could potentially be caused by the mail provider - volny.cz. The setting to check every minute might be something they started to ban recently. I will investigate further and let you know soon.
For reference: the bug started to appear on Nov 7 at around 16:30 CET. When I manually check for emails, then quickly restart, email receive works from that account again, but just ones. Other attempts (automatic 2 mins or manual) don't work. So it doesn't look like a server ban unless it would be based on some session id (not sure pop protocol supports something like that).
Another note: just started to work... My theory is that this was a ssl session issue on the pop3 server. I will monitor this and probably close as invalid.
Status: NEW → UNCONFIRMED
Ever confirmed: false
Component: General → Networking: POP
Product: Thunderbird → MailNews Core
QA Contact: general → networking.pop
I have just confirmed that this was problem on the server side, they were trying some new configurations for pop3/ssl and it was fixed soon after midnight. Closing as INVALID. Sorry for spam.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.