Linux. I cannot select text in the main apprunner window. This is a regression from earlier today, 11am? Selection works in the editor. Ramiro mentioned that the new sidebar behavior might be to blame.?
no cause i never commited the changes.
Reverting slamm's one-line change to navigator.xul switches back to the old frame behavior AND fixes the selection problem. slamm?
is this an xp bug ? does it happen on win32?
in the latest release build on my win95 laptop I can select in the editor, but not on a browser page.
Is selection being disabled for chrome web shells (as opposed to content shells)? If slamm made a change that affected the structure of navigator.xul and didn't label the content area as a content shell then that might explain this. For any area that is supposed to be a content frame, you should have the attribute type set to a value of "content" on the content frame, e.g., <iframe type="content".... If editor has code that turns selection off for chrome shells, this would explain the problem.
take ramiro out of cc
I am using iframe's instead of a frameset now. I did mislabel the content. I had id="content" instead of type="content". However, in my tree selection still does not work with that change. I will investigate some more.
chofmann, I would like to back out my change until I get this straightened out. Fortunately, switching back is easy, Index: navigator.xul =================================================================== RCS file: /cvsroot/mozilla/xpfe/browser/src/navigator.xul,v retrieving revision 1.112 diff -r1.112 navigator.xul 605c605 < <html:iframe id="content-frame" src="contentframe.xul" flex="100%" /> --- > <html:iframe id="content-frame" src="contentframe.html" flex="100%" />
mcafee, I backed out my change (in my tree), but I still see the selection problem. Extra details: If I make a selection, I do not see it immediately under the mouse. However, if I scroll that area off screen and then bring it back, the selection is drawn in the proper place.
*** Bug 7054 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 20 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
I checked in a fix. I added type="content" to the iframe in contentframe.xul. Marking fixed.
Component: Apprunner → Selection and Search
QA Contact: leger → claudius
VERIFIED fixed for every build I could get my hands on including Mac, Linux, and WinNT 19990601 builds.
Per a request from Selection and Search component eng (mjudge) and qa (elig), moving all "Selection and Search" bugs to new "Selection" component. Original "Selection and Search" component will be retired.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.