User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:10.0a2) Gecko/20111127 Firefox/10.0a2
Build ID: 20111127042022
Steps to reproduce:
1. I inspected some elements and then settled on one
2. Opended the style pane and changed some value (color)
3. Closed the style pane. OK
4. Try to close the inspector (click on left cross). Not working
5. Tried to reload page. A bar appears on top, telling there was some mod. do i want to reload still ?
6. Clicked on "leave page" but after reload the inspector is still open.
7. Tried to click on each element in the breadcrumb but nothing is working
I've not tried to reproduce...
The inspector should always react to actions.
Can we get some testing on this? Looks like this occurred in Fx10.0a2 which should now be in Beta.
I'm unable to reproduce this in the same build.
@bobi, can you check Error Console to see if anything comes up when failing to close the Inspect bar?
> I think there's a bug open on this, but I wanted to pass along that I've seen a
> number of reports on input.mozilla.com that people are having trouble with the
> inspector not closing (it sounds like this is largely on Aurora).
I found some steps to reproduce the Uncloseable Inspector.
1. Go to a webpage (this one will do).
2. Open the Inspector and lock a node.
3. Open the Markup panel (if necessary).
4. Double click an attribute value to open the editor
5. Close the Markup panel (without closing the popup text editor).
6. Click the close button on the inspector toolbar.
Inspector should close.
Inspector stays open. worse, appears across all tabs.
Error message on error console:
Timestamp: 2012-08-02 3:39:13 PM
Error: TypeError: this.treeBrowserDocument is undefined
Source File: resource:///modules/TreePanel.jsm
(In reply to Rob Campbell [:rc] (:robcee) from comment #4)
> I found some steps to reproduce the Uncloseable Inspector.
Thanks Rob. Can you confirm which Firefox version you used with these steps?
[16:25:15.647] "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0"
Created attachment 648468 [details] [diff] [review]
fix. Tested with and without fix applied. Unittest will timeout and fail if this fix isn't installed.
This has NOT been resolved. I accidentally opened the inspector and can't close it no matter what. This is ridiculous.
Using Firefox 15 on Windows XP and have this problem. It needs fixing on the Windows version of Firefox. I accidentally opened it and can't close it.
Using Firefox 18 and Ubuntu 12.10 I still have this bug.
(In reply to pie.or.paj from comment #12)
> Using Firefox 18 and Ubuntu 12.10 I still have this bug.
I believe this bug was specifically filed for Mac OSX. Though it would seem that you are not alone in reporting this is happening on other platforms as well.
Rob Campell, can you please advise if we should reopen this bug or file a new bug to address this issue on other platforms.
A lot of different things were causing this bug. We re-wrote the whole thing in Firefox 20. And it's fixed.