Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0a1) Gecko/20120106 Firefox/12.0a1 ID:20120106031054
this is spun off Bug 693551
Tooltip(title attibute of the element) pops up even if the element has been removed.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Firefox with clean profile
2. Open https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XUL_Tutorial
3. Mouse hover over "Edit" button til tooltip appears,
4. Open attachment 566159 [details]
5. move mouse over circle and click left mouse button (don't stop moving before clicking!)
tooltip will pop up.
Tooltip should not pop up.
Created attachment 589998 [details] [diff] [review]
On the right lines with bug 693551 but compareDocumentPosition actually returns a bitmask: http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/dom/interfaces/core/nsIDOMNode.idl#119
In the STR I think DOCUMENT_POSITION_IMPLEMENTATION_SPECIFIC is set too. This is not always the case which is why when I tried it with a slightly different test it worked for me.
Comment on attachment 589998 [details] [diff] [review]
the explicit Boolean casting shouldn't be needed
pushed https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/rev/e70f6f04cf0f without the Boolean casting.