Closed Bug 758887 Opened 8 years ago Closed 8 years ago

HTML links are opened in an external window

Categories

(Web Apps :: General, defect)

x86
Windows 7
defect
Not set

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 752666

People

(Reporter: maacub, Unassigned)

Details

Hi! In openMarkers app when you click on any link, it is opened in an external window (with the default browser).
https://marketplace.mozilla.org/en-US/app/openmarkers/
Best regards.
(In reply to marquinos from comment #0)
> Hi! In openMarkers app when you click on any link, it is opened in an
> external window (with the default browser).
> https://marketplace.mozilla.org/en-US/app/openmarkers/
> Best regards.

Checked your app - Looks like your app is hosted on openmarkers.com, but on a per locale basis, the origin of the app changes (e.g. en.openmarkers.com). If you navigate outside of the origin of the app, it will open the link in the browser, so that's intended behavior per the implementation right now. That is being changed however per a requirements change in bug 752666, so I'll dup on that bug (since that bug will dictate how we handle multiple origins for an app).
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 752666
Thanks Jason! :)
Could I fix this behavior changing the manifest.webapp file?

  "developer": {
    "name": "openMarkers Project",
    "url": "http://openmarkers.com"
  },

to:

  "developer": {
    "name": "openMarkers Project",
    "url": "http://*.openmarkers.com"
  },

(openMarkers has 2 posible subdomains (Desktop & Mobile): http://en.openmarkers.com and http://m.en.openmarkers.com

Thanks in advance!
(In reply to marquinos from comment #2)
> Thanks Jason! :)
> Could I fix this behavior changing the manifest.webapp file?
> 
>   "developer": {
>     "name": "openMarkers Project",
>     "url": "http://openmarkers.com"
>   },
> 
> to:
> 
>   "developer": {
>     "name": "openMarkers Project",
>     "url": "http://*.openmarkers.com"
>   },
> 
> (openMarkers has 2 posible subdomains (Desktop & Mobile):
> http://en.openmarkers.com and http://m.en.openmarkers.com
> 
> Thanks in advance!

The current solution doesn't support wildcarding, although that's an interesting idea. Checking your app, it looks like there's 4 possible subdomains (desktop & mobile for 2 locales). Different mitigations you could do are:

- Wait for the patch in bug 752666 and re-evaluate (it's blocking our 1st release, so this will be fixed)
- Change your URL mapping to something like openmarkers.com/<locale> to remove subdomains by locale
- Change your URL mapping to support something like openmarkers.com/<locale>/m, which would point users to the mobile version to different domains by mobile or not (if mobile is detected, you would redirect to openmarkers.com/<locale>/m)
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.