Status

()

defect
RESOLVED FIXED
7 years ago
7 years ago

People

(Reporter: glandium, Assigned: glandium)

Tracking

unspecified
mozilla18
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

Assignee

Description

7 years ago
No description provided.
Assignee

Comment 1

7 years ago
Here is what I did:
- Checked out libffi git revision 3aeecc9eb1a6feba6549849cdd335c926415a4fc (last one we pulled) and removed .pc, .svn, .gitignore and patches/ (upstream repo is /that/ messy)
- For each patch, applied, refreshed configure with a pristine autoconf 2.65 (autoconf 2.69 would barf because too new), and/or adjusted configure.ac for those patches that only modified configure, and refresh the patch with mercurial, but keeping the original headers.
- Compared with what we have in m-c, and found that:
  - We have a MPL2 license change in msvcc.sh, that can stay without a patch.
  - There was no patch for bug 644136, so I generated one.

All in all, libffi git revision 3aeecc9eb1a6feba6549849cdd335c926415a4fc (cleaned up) + all these refreshed and new patches only differ with what we currently have by the MPL2 license change, and the configure changes that are in this patch.
Attachment #653269 - Flags: review?(ted.mielczarek)
Attachment #653269 - Flags: review?(ted.mielczarek) → review+
Backed out because of win64 (and more ?) bustage (see https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Mozilla-Inbound&rev=b0d9390b60c6) even after a clobber.

Pushed to try in https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Try&rev=60c60a47c2cd to pinpoint the issue (either this one, or 778414).

The win64 failure doesnt make sense to me : https://tbpl.mozilla.org/php/getParsedLog.php?id=14786201&tree=Mozilla-Inbound
The commandline in question is:
cl -MD -nologo -W3 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/e/builds/moz2_slave/m-in-w64/build/js/src/ctypes/libffi -I. -I/e/builds/moz2_slave/m-in-w64/build/js/src/ctypes/libffi/include -Iinclude -I/e/builds/moz2_slave/m-in-w64/build/js/src/ctypes/libffi/src -Zi -DEBUG -O2 -OPT:REF -OPT:ICF -INCREMENTAL:NO -c  -Fosrc/debug.obj -Fdsrc/debug -Fpsrc/debug -Fasrc/debug

which does appear to be missing a source filename.
Assignee

Comment 5

7 years ago
./libtool: line 1815: cygpath: command not found
That's the real error.
Assignee

Comment 6

7 years ago
This most certainly comes from this hunk.

-      fix_srcfile_path=''
+      fix_srcfile_path='`cygpath -w "$srcfile"`'

This, in turn, comes from js/src/ctypes/libffi/m4/libtool.m4

Looks like this file does need a patch too.
Assignee

Comment 7

7 years ago
(In reply to Mike Hommey [:glandium] from comment #6)
> This, in turn, comes from js/src/ctypes/libffi/m4/libtool.m4

js/src/ctypes/libffi/aclocal.m4, actually. m4/libtool.m4 is another out-of-sync thing. sigh. I'm not going to fix that, only aclocal.m4.
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/4c261d9820f6
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla18
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.