[GitHub issue by benfrancis on 2012-09-28T00:02:37Z, https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/issues/5356]
Note that this has not been working for many months now, it's nothing new. But it would be fantastic to be able to work on more stuff from inside the browser where lovely things like Firebug live.
* run firefox nightly with a profile generated by gaia
* navigate to system.gaiamobile.org:8080
* The homescreen works pretty much as it does on the device
* gets stuck on the black mozilla loading screen or
* Gets as far as the lock screen, but when you unlock it there are no apps.
[mass adding reproducible keyword for any open Gaia bug with the word "STR:" in comments]
I can reproduce the problem. Steps:
1. Downloaded and built Gaia (on Ubuntu 12.04/32 in Amazon EC2):
$ git clone https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia
$ cd gaia
$ DEBUG=1 make
2. Executed Gaia with Firefox 16.0.1:
$ firefox -profile profile http://system.gaiamobile.org:8080
The problem: Only a simple page appears in Firefox, with a black
background and "mozilla" in the lower right hand corner. There is no
unlock screen, even after minutes of waiting. In the console, it says:
Error: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any
This works now thanks to our new desktop helper and support plugins. Please file follow-up bugs if we need to add additional functionality.