Closed Bug 8206 Opened 21 years ago Closed 21 years ago

Changing the Character Set in Messenger 3Pane should reload thread pane

Categories

(MailNews Core :: Internationalization, defect, P3)

defect

Tracking

(Not tracked)

VERIFIED FIXED

People

(Reporter: scottputterman, Assigned: scottputterman)

References

Details

When we change the character set in the Messenger 3Pane we should reload the
thread pane.  Currently you would have to click on another folder and then click
on the affected folder to see the change.
Target Milestone: M8
Blocks: 7228
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 21 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
I just checked in this fix.  Now when you change the character set, the headers
reload.  Because of this you will see our normal slow performance when we load a
folder happen when you change the character set. We are working on this, but
expect changing the character set on a 1000 message folder to take on the order
of 10 - 30 seconds depending on the speed of your machine.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
** Checked with 7/12/99 Win32, Linux, and Mac M8 builds **

Yes, this is now working. I created an ISO-8859-2 message without
MIME encoding in the header, which then was not displayed
properly in the thread pane under the default 8859-1 encoding.

By swithcing to 8859-2 setting, I was able to reload/redisplay
the thread pane headers to display this 8859-2 suject line
correctly.

Marking it verified as fixed.
Product: MailNews → Core
Product: Core → MailNews Core
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.