Closed Bug 845640 (SM2.17b2) Opened 7 years ago Closed 7 years ago

Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.17 Beta 2

Categories

(SeaMonkey :: Release Engineering, defect, P1, blocker)

SeaMonkey 2.17 Branch
defect

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: ewong, Assigned: Callek)

References

()

Details

Attachments

(1 file)

This is a tracking bug for Build and Release of SeaMonkey 2.17 Beta 2

We expect an actual release on Friday 8th March.
Depends on: 845641
note for reference, we will be basing our beta 2 off Firefox's corresponding Beta 3.
As I'll be afk due to work-related, I won't be driving this release.
(In reply to Edmund Wong (:ewong) from comment #0)
> We expect an actual release on Friday 8th March.

Changing due to the need to release a 2.16.1, lets slate this for Monday 11th March
(In reply to Justin Wood (:Callek) from comment #3)
> (In reply to Edmund Wong (:ewong) from comment #0)
> > We expect an actual release on Friday 8th March.
> 
> Changing due to the need to release a 2.16.1, lets slate this for Monday
> 11th March

delayed more by l10n issues on -release, that may affect this release.
(In reply to Justin Wood (:Callek) from comment #4)
> (In reply to Justin Wood (:Callek) from comment #3)
> > (In reply to Edmund Wong (:ewong) from comment #0)
> > > We expect an actual release on Friday 8th March.
> > 
> > Changing due to the need to release a 2.16.1, lets slate this for Monday
> > 11th March
> 
> delayed more by l10n issues on -release, that may affect this release.

Ok, we're clear of those now -- release planned for LATE sunday PT or early monday... (3/17 or 3/18)
Attached patch [config] do itSplinter Review
Kicking even before you review, but I'll note the release config change is from our needed 2.17beta1 change we hit, while we needed to revert that change when we did 2.16.x
Attachment #725840 - Flags: review?(ewong)
Attachment #725840 - Flags: review?(ewong) → review+
Hey Jens,

I was going to write up the website changes but I'm much too tired now, the release is sitting on mirrors and is ready to go out the door, when you get a chance can you please write (and push) the website changes and then once those are done ewong or I can push the update snippets for this.

I don't trust my own mind at the moment to write (good) changes even if I omit the "what changed" details.

Thank You!
Flags: needinfo?(jh)
Depends on: 852261
(In reply to Justin Wood (:Callek) from comment #7)
> when you get
> a chance can you please write (and push) the website changes and then once
> those are done ewong or I can push the update snippets for this.

OK done with my part. It first seemed like I wouldn't find anything noteworthy again but then: two bugs even! :-)
Flags: needinfo?(jh)
Assignee: nobody → bugspam.Callek
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Blocks: SM2.17b3
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.