Closed Bug 890752 Opened 8 years ago Closed 3 years ago
Import from SD card fails (loops endlessly) with a non-ASCII .vcf file name
Bug 862742 added import from .vcf files on the SD card. If a .vcf file has non-ASCII characters, this will loop endlessly. I have two .vcf files on my SD card, one of them was called "Gini Schönleitner.vcf" (without quotes, my N9 writes them just as "Name Familyname.vcf" so it ended up that way) so I ended up with that issue. When I changed the file name to replace the "ö" with "oe", the card was correctly imported.
For reference, I most recently tested this with m-c/master on my Peak, but IIRC I've seen the same on 1.1 with my otoro.
Summary: Import from SD card fails (loops endlessly) with a non-ASCII .vcf file → Import from SD card fails (loops endlessly) with a non-ASCII .vcf file name
Hey Kairo, I know this was a while ago, but I suspect an encoding issue. I don't have this problem anymore with a UTF8 file. Do you think we can close it?
(In reply to Johan Lorenzo [:jlorenzo] (QA) from comment #2) > I know this was a while ago, but I suspect an encoding issue. I don't have > this problem anymore with a UTF8 file. Do you think we can close it? I don't have a phone around where I could wipe the data and test with current builds, but I did see .vcf importing issues more recently in bug 1043730 as well. As offered there, I can give you that collection of .vcf contacts I have for testing. I trust you and a number of other Mozilla employees that I know personally to only use them for that testing and for getting this code fixed, but as it's actually real contacts of mine I don't want to put them anywhere public. Please ping me here, via email or on IRC if you'd like a copy of those for such testing.
Firefox OS is not being worked on
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 3 years ago
Resolution: --- → WONTFIX
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.