[Portal Vivo] Black screen displayed when closing the application

NEW
Unassigned

Status

Tech Evangelism
Preinstalled B2G Apps
5 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: Leo, Unassigned)

Tracking

(Blocks: 1 bug)

Trunk
ARM
Gonk (Firefox OS)
Dependency tree / graph

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: [3rd Party][apps watch list1][TD-73773])

Attachments

(5 attachments)

(Reporter)

Description

5 years ago
Created attachment 786705 [details]
Black screen error

STR:
  1. Open Portal Vivo application.
  2. Click on "X" button to close the application.

Expected:
  The app should be closed completely.

Actual:
  The view will be closed and a black screen is displayed and the app is not closed.
Flags: needinfo?(adora)
I'm wondering if this is a Gaia::System issue. What is the app developer using to close the app? window.close()?
(Reporter)

Updated

5 years ago
Flags: needinfo?(alive)
Judging from the screenshot:
X on cardView -> WindowManager.kill(); -> removeChild only

BTW, what is this app? Is it only repro-able on this app?
Flags: needinfo?(alive)
(Reporter)

Comment 3

5 years ago
(In reply to Alive Kuo [:alive] from comment #2)
> Judging from the screenshot:
> X on cardView -> WindowManager.kill(); -> removeChild only
> 
> BTW, what is this app? Is it only repro-able on this app?

This is an VIVO operator specific app. Don't have any idea how they are closing this app.
(In reply to Leo from comment #3)
> (In reply to Alive Kuo [:alive] from comment #2)
> > Judging from the screenshot:
> > X on cardView -> WindowManager.kill(); -> removeChild only
> > 
> > BTW, what is this app? Is it only repro-able on this app?
> 
> This is an VIVO operator specific app. Don't have any idea how they are
> closing this app.

How to get this app?
(Reporter)

Comment 5

5 years ago
(In reply to Alive Kuo [:alive] from comment #4)
> How to get this app?

I don't how you can get this app but this app will be present on leo device running leo build.

Jason, can you be of any help here?
Flags: needinfo?(jsmith)
Flags: needinfo?(alive)
Flags: needinfo?(adora)
(Reporter)

Comment 6

5 years ago
On further searching, you can check bug 887072. This provides details about pre installed apps for leo.
(In reply to Leo from comment #5)
> (In reply to Alive Kuo [:alive] from comment #4)
> > How to get this app?
> 
> I don't how you can get this app but this app will be present on leo device
> running leo build.
> 
> Jason, can you be of any help here?

You should be able to get the app directly from your device by rooting it and pulling the zip file from /data/local/webapps/<app origin>.
Flags: needinfo?(jsmith)
Hi, this is not a bug. It's working as expected according to the code.
I don't want to show the source code there so I will reply in bug 887072.

(In reply to Leo from comment #0)
> Created attachment 786705 [details]
> Black screen error
> 
> STR:
>   1. Open Portal Vivo application.
>   2. Click on "X" button to close the application.
> 
> Expected:
>   The app should be closed completely.
> 
> Actual:
>   The view will be closed and a black screen is displayed and the app is not
> closed.
Flags: needinfo?(alive)
(In reply to Alive Kuo [:alive] from comment #8)
> Hi, this is not a bug. It's working as expected according to the code.
> I don't want to show the source code there so I will reply in bug 887072.

After reading c0 again, I think I should reply this: I cannot reproduce.
You mean close it in card-view? Not the X of popup window?

If you press the close button, you're expected to go back to the "app" itself. The close does close the popup, not the app.

If you're talking about card view close doesn't work, I cannot reproduce.

BTW, the source code html violates CSP, too.
(Reporter)

Comment 10

5 years ago
(In reply to Alive Kuo [:alive] from comment #9)
> (In reply to Alive Kuo [:alive] from comment #8)
> > Hi, this is not a bug. It's working as expected according to the code.
> > I don't want to show the source code there so I will reply in bug 887072.
> 
> After reading c0 again, I think I should reply this: I cannot reproduce.
> You mean close it in card-view? Not the X of popup window?
>
> If you press the close button, you're expected to go back to the "app"
> itself. The close does close the popup, not the app.
> 
> If you're talking about card view close doesn't work, I cannot reproduce.
> 
> BTW, the source code html violates CSP, too.

Your explanation makes perfect sense.
My doubt was not about the close button in the card view, but the close in popup screen. As you said above everything is working normally as per the application code.
But ideally closing the popup screen here should close the app itself because here app is not meant to do anything else.
This needs to notified to the corresponding app developers for their comments.

what do you think?
Flags: needinfo?(alive)
(In reply to Leo from comment #10)
> (In reply to Alive Kuo [:alive] from comment #9)
> > (In reply to Alive Kuo [:alive] from comment #8)
> > > Hi, this is not a bug. It's working as expected according to the code.
> > > I don't want to show the source code there so I will reply in bug 887072.
> > 
> > After reading c0 again, I think I should reply this: I cannot reproduce.
> > You mean close it in card-view? Not the X of popup window?
> >
> > If you press the close button, you're expected to go back to the "app"
> > itself. The close does close the popup, not the app.
> > 
> > If you're talking about card view close doesn't work, I cannot reproduce.
> > 
> > BTW, the source code html violates CSP, too.
> 
> Your explanation makes perfect sense.
> My doubt was not about the close button in the card view, but the close in
> popup screen. As you said above everything is working normally as per the
> application code.
> But ideally closing the popup screen here should close the app itself
> because here app is not meant to do anything else.
> This needs to notified to the corresponding app developers for their
> comments.
> 
> what do you think?

var w = window.open();
w.onclose = function() {};

// try this.
Flags: needinfo?(alive)
(Reporter)

Updated

5 years ago
Blocks: 903330
(Reporter)

Comment 12

5 years ago
Can we have the attention of the developers of this app here?
Flags: needinfo?(jsmith)
(In reply to Leo from comment #12)
> Can we have the attention of the developers of this app here?

Already raised this in a triage Mozilla & TEF had. This is actively being looked into.
Flags: needinfo?(jsmith)
We need this issue to be fixed ASAP. We are close to the last deadline of this project.

Comment 15

5 years ago
The Portal Vivo App was resubmitted and retested by Marketplace review team.  It is in rejected status due to the following:
The Portal Vivo App was resubmitted to Marketplace Yesterday.  It has been re-reviewed and rejected.  The following issues were found and the developer was notified:
1. After tapping "Servicos e Downloads," there is a dark blue link on a black background that says "Home" that appears to be the only way to cancel login. Tapping this link has no response, so the user gets trapped on this page (see screenshot #1).

2. Unable to authenticate. When on wifi, I get an error message that says I need to enable cookies. When on roaming cellular data via AT&T, I get a HTTP 500 error (see screenshots #2a and #2b). Without being able to log in, I'm unable to test the following sections:
-- Vivo siempre internet banner
-- Servicos e Downloads
-- Promocoes

3. The following sections have links that aren't optimized for mobile and lack navigation back to the app, so should probably open in a browser window:
-- Recarregue Aqui > Saiba Mas
-- Movel > Planos e Pacotes > Saiba Mas (first link on this page opens in a browser window, the next two and perhaps others all open within the app)
-- Internet, Fixo, TV > Saiba Mais
-- Many links under Portal de noticias, including Edu Mobi and Vio Diversao
-- Vivo Valoriza > Enviar
-- Atendimento > Clique Aqui
-- Combos > Saiba Mas

4. Chegou o Servicos and Downloads App banner points to Google Play (screenshot #4).
Attachments

    1. Home button doesn't work
    2a. Need to enable cookies
    2b. HTTP 500 error
    4. Google Play link

Comment 16

5 years ago
Created attachment 796908 [details]
1 Home button doesnt work

Comment 17

5 years ago
Created attachment 796910 [details]
2b HTTP 500 Error

Comment 18

5 years ago
Created attachment 796911 [details]
2a Need to enable cookies

Comment 19

5 years ago
Created attachment 796914 [details]
4 Google Play Link
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.