bugzilla.mozilla.org has resumed normal operation. Attachments prior to 2014 will be unavailable for a few days. This is tracked in Bug 1475801.
Please report any other irregularities here.

Change "Browser-ID" to "BrowserID" in tokenserver Authorization header?

VERIFIED FIXED

Status

Cloud Services
Server: Token
VERIFIED FIXED
5 years ago
5 years ago

People

(Reporter: rfkelly, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: [qa-])

(Reporter)

Description

5 years ago
Trivial API nit: the canonical spelling of the protocol name is "BrowserID" [1], not "Browser-ID" as currently used in the tokenserver Authorization header.

Should we change it while we can in the interests of consistency, or is that just pointless API churn?  Nick and Alexis, thoughts?

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Persona/Glossary
(In reply to Ryan Kelly [:rfkelly] from comment #0)
> Trivial API nit: the canonical spelling of the protocol name is "BrowserID"
> [1], not "Browser-ID" as currently used in the tokenserver Authorization
> header.
> 
> Should we change it while we can in the interests of consistency, or is that
> just pointless API churn?  Nick and Alexis, thoughts?

Meh.  There's nothing consistent about BrowserID or Persona anyway.  I know from having reverse engineered the data formats :)

Also, all the code that says BrowserID* will never change to Browser-ID.  If we care, it's trivial to change; but I don't care.
Whiteboard: [qa-]
(Reporter)

Comment 2

5 years ago
"meh" it is; closing
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → WONTFIX
Got it.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
(Reporter)

Comment 4

5 years ago
We're mucking around with this endpoint anyway in Bug 959441, let's clean this up while we're at it.
Status: VERIFIED → REOPENED
Resolution: WONTFIX → ---
(Reporter)

Updated

5 years ago
Depends on: 960009
(Reporter)

Updated

5 years ago
Blocks: 960322
(Reporter)

Updated

5 years ago
Blocks: 960324
(Reporter)

Comment 5

5 years ago
This is done, and is what will go into production.  I've patched the current dev server to accept both forms so that client code doesn't have to coordinate the fix with a server rollout.
(Reporter)

Updated

5 years ago
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago5 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
OK. I assume this will automatically propagate into Stage and Production.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.